Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 11:39 AM

23 posts, read 49,235 times

Advertisements

My husband is interviewing on a job in Orlando this week.
We are researching cost of living, housing, etc
We have 4 kids, 2 in school, 2 younger. Looking for a neighborhood with great schools where I could possibly find a 4 bedroom home for about 250-300...
Any ideas?
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 01:19 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
We'd need more information. Orlando is too vague. Where in ORlando? We don't need the exact address, but are you talking about near the airport? Downtown core? Dr. Phillips? SoDo? Or someplace in the general Orlando area?

Old 05-01-2015, 04:34 PM

78 posts, read 120,662 times
Cool orlando

I second that. More info is needed than just metro orlando area? Especially in this "Hot", orlando sellor's housing market.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:28 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
Just to get you started here are some areas to check out: Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Maitland and Dr. Phillips.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 AM

24 posts, read 52,552 times
Avalon Park, Winter Park, Maitland, Dr. Phillips.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Thumbs down hot orlando tight housing market

Don't mean to burst your bubble . With rental values rising and family units starting to gain pace with a normal socio economic society. The true housing market is heating up and thus reflecting a strong inclination towards supply and demand. Unfortunately demand is out pacing supply and yesterdays $250k is todays $350k . Homes for sale new or resales aren't keeping up this fierce need for all types of housing! Competition is fierce coming from all angles and an all ready tight supply is rapidly shrinking. Flocks of determined buyers have scoupted up the better condition older homes seen on the market today. Those folks have taken advantage of recent 1st quarter low interest rates (3.8%) avg and are currently under contract. Lets hope the upward mobility of our economy proves to be resilient and encourages more home sellers to tap into their equity. Like every things else in our global economy it is subject to change.

Last edited by Lamigra1200; 05-03-2015 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: incorrect word structure

Old 05-03-2015, 06:24 PM

605 posts, read 712,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamigra1200 View Post
Don't mean to burst your bubble . With rental values rising and family units starting to gain pace with a normal socio economic society. The true housing market is heating up and thus reflecting a strong inclination towards supply and demand. Unfortunately demand is out pacing supply and yesterdays $250k is todays $350k . Homes for sale new or resales aren't keeping up this fierce need for all types of housing! Competition is fierce coming from all angles and an all ready tight supply is rapidly shrinking. Flocks of determined buyers have scoupted up the better condition older homes seen on the market today. Those folks have taken advantage of recent 1st quarter low interest rates (3.8%) avg and are currently under contract. Lets hope the upward mobility of our economy proves to be resilient and encourages more home sellers to tap into their equity. Like every things else in our global economy it is subject to change.
Scoupted up?

Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 PM

Sorry meant to write scooped. I'm having a hard time trying to find a home to buy in the $250k-$350k price range too.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 AM

54 posts, read 81,442 times
I'll wait for more details on preferred location. At least maybe a direction, East, West, South or North side.

Once I get a little more info I can pass along a few ways to begin the search or at least pass along a few pointers..

Lamigra, where have you been looking? What is your criteria? Just curious... sounds like you have been active yet I am seeing some homes linger due to sellers unable / unwilling to make minor modifications that with the right insight could be nice homes. It could be just targeting the right home and being a little creative.

My experience has told me what cost a seller $100 to repair, a buyer estimates the cost at $300 to $400 to repair. Sometimes it is just working out these types of details for both parties, which sometimes means lining up the work to be done. It has been a quite a while since I have literally said nothing works or is available for an extended period of time.

Brady Pevehouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando