Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:46 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Oooh, foxy, I like Timberlake! Nice! I like that Redwood apt. The way the 2nd bedroom is off from the main living space a bit. That would be perfect for your hubby! The only problem I see is dates of availability. They are all so soon. Would you be able to move so soon? I see they have 3 available.

Lakeshore was okay and a Nov 24th availability. The only one I liked at Lakeshore was the up/downstairs one.

Which one gives discounts to FH employees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 PM

52 posts, read 58,153 times
They both give discounts for FH employees. Timberlake waives the application fee, admin fee and reduces the security deposit to $99. Lakeshore waives the application fee for hubby but I have to pay for mine and I think they waive or reduce the security deposit. I like that Lakeshore has a bit more space in their floor plan but Timberlake does look nicer and the fact it's near Jamestown is really appealing. We're going to see both on Friday and apply for both.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:31 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, foxyillusion. I just got back from seeing my new apt. in Altamonte Springs. The complex is dog friendly, has its own dog park for Fido to visit. The apts. are gorgeous and under 1K. To me it was like a tropical rain forest. The name is Altimar Place. Located right by the mall, some college, Crane's Roost, the place is fabulous! I highly recommend it.

Good luck.
Tami, I'm sure I missed some of your posts but is Altamonte Springs where your friends live? Just curious on what drew you to that particular area. Wish you were a little closer to where I am so we could meet up sometime, but good luck nonetheless! I can feel the happiness and joy in your posts!

Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Tami, I'm sure I missed some of your posts but is Altamonte Springs where your friends live? Just curious on what drew you to that particular area. Wish you were a little closer to where I am so we could meet up sometime, but good luck nonetheless! I can feel the happiness and joy in your posts!
Hi, Avalon! No, my friends live in Deltona. Much too boring for me and what I want now. No shoveling and no mowing is what I want now. I have friends all over Florida. Navarre, North Port, Punta Gorda, and 3 in Deltona. There are many more old classmates and former Plymouthians down there but I don't know where. I like the "busyness" of Altamonte. Like I keep saying, my complex is like a tropical rain forest in the heart of a city. I like that.

PM me where in Fl you live. I could take a road trip after I settle in and calm down. As long as it's not the Keyes! Been there, done that driving. My gf has all sorts of plans for us when I get down there permanently. I think I am going to be pretty busy for awhile. I will be having Thanksgiving and Christmas over at her house this year.

Thanks for getting in touch with me!

Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 AM

This is kind of an oddball question but has anyone had any problems with ticks in the area? My dog had a problem with fleas because we have a lot of feral cats here but no wooded area near us. Can anyone recommend a good vet too?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Sorry, foxy, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. My friend came looking for me and I answered. Good luck with the vet. Muchos good luck on the apt! By now you know I am an opinionated old broad, I hope Timberlake wins out. I think you would be happier there. Just my old lady opinion. Personally, I wouldn't even bother applying at Lakeshore if they can't match Timberlake's waiving your application fee. I wouldn't waste that precious money. You will be approved by Timberlake. I was approved by Altimara with my crappy record and they are taking a chance on me and giving me a chance.

Anywho, the best of luck, sweetie.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyillusion View Post
This is kind of an oddball question but has anyone had any problems with ticks in the area? My dog had a problem with fleas because we have a lot of feral cats here but no wooded area near us. Can anyone recommend a good vet too?
Fleas are always an issue here in our often wet climate, so a preventative along with routine heartworm medication (especially) is a must. In the Altamonte area I would recommend Dr. Rick Marrinson at Longwood Veterinary Clinic. He is fantastic with animals and a truly warm/compassionate person.

Dr Rick Marrinson | Veterinarians Longwood, FL | Longwood Veterinary Clinic

Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 AM

Thanks guys! I'm going to put in for both just to be on the safe side. Both places agreed to waive the application fee for me. I really liked the idea of a townhome at Lakeshore but they're not going to have one until December and we need a place by November. So as long as Timberlake is as good as it sounds then we're going with them.

I have my dog on Trifexis for heartworm and flea. I have to say it works great. I was hoping I could find a heartworm/flea/tick all in one but it looks like it doesn't exist. Thanks for the recommendation on a vet. We've been using the humane society here and they're great but definitely not worth the trip back to Jax. I'll make an appointment with Dr Marrinson when we get there and see how it goes.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:54 PM

Yay, foxy! Hope you have a new address by this weekend.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:20 PM

Hopefully I do!

Can anyone tell me where to get a good deal on a mattress? I'm leaving behind my old one and planning on buying a new one once I move but no idea where to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando