Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:03 PM

392 posts, read 1,375,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Hmmm most of the areas close to sand lake are either high crime or really expensive not too much in the way of affordable homes on that side of town.
Dr. Phillips is off of Sand Lake right? I though it wasnt high crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavs View Post
Dr. Phillips is off of Sand Lake right? I though it wasnt high crime.

I said most areas I should of elaborated and said sandlake east of I drive.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I said most areas I should of elaborated and said sandlake east of I drive.
Can you refresh my memory...its been 9 years since I lived there. Which areas? Landmarks help

I also keep hearing that Kirkman is now the pits...I used to hang at the Orlando Ale House there...has it turned?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Can you refresh my memory...its been 9 years since I lived there. Which areas? Landmarks help

I also keep hearing that Kirkman is now the pits...I used to hang at the Orlando Ale House there...has it turned?

Tangelo park, john young parkway I drive is also high crime. Kirkman doesn't look bad but I would question on if it`s safe to walk there at night.

Right in the kirkman area you have carver shores and orlo vista also pine hills that are right there not very good.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Man...the area certainly has changed. I lived at the Greens (I guess Eaglewood now) and it was ok...it was ghettoish, not pure ghetto. The Food Lion was nasty up there and Americana was bad.

Dr. Phillips is still pretty safe though, right?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Man...the area certainly has changed. I lived at the Greens (I guess Eaglewood now) and it was ok...it was ghettoish, not pure ghetto. The Food Lion was nasty up there and Americana was bad.

Dr. Phillips is still pretty safe though, right?

Yes Dr phillips is still ok but it seems a little bit more trashy types have moved into the area.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:57 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Doctor Phillips is slowly going downhill just like most of Central Florida.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-14-2008 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: removed off topic comment

Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM

126 posts, read 280,508 times
Whoever bases a decission about moving to a certain place on this or other forums must be insane, I beleive that most people that frequent them are
social zeros, always unhappy and you bet not very successful!!!, just think
about the nicest place you can imagine, visit the forum for that city and voila!
there they are, whining, complaining, always fantazaising about great, dirt
cheap places, full of people that only speak and understand english, ha,ha,ha they are just pathetic.
Reality check:
1- Is it a coincidence that all the states with the fastest growing economies have very high percentage of hispanics and other minorities.
2- Have any of these whiners been to a college town in the past 25 years? they are full of asians, hispanics, middle easterners, europeans. They are the driving force of this country, now if you go to a beauty school or a vocational
school, or either police or fireman academy, then you'll find your "average" american, and of course whining their way through trade school.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-14-2008 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: removed deleted post reference

Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM

60 posts, read 149,762 times
Just becareful, meet the neighbours etc first.
Orlando is a great place though, lots of fun and the houses are very cheap right now. You can get a 5b/4b with pool for about $100,000 in a great area!

Old 03-04-2008, 04:24 PM

10 posts, read 17,887 times
Default Looking for employment

I know this is kinda not helping you... but maybe you can help me.. I am trying to move to Orlando and finding a job has been difficult can you tell me what methods were used to find a job by your husband?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando