Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 AM

385 posts, read 1,403,092 times

Advertisements

I asked about this when I first moved down here, but it's been two years so I decided to ask again.

I'm looking for a source of scrapple and/or shoofly pie in the Orlando area. I'm especially looking for a restaurant that serves scrapple with breakfast, but I would be happy just to find a grocery store that sells it. I've been recommended to Publix but I couldn't find it there and neither could the meat department guy who helped me look (although he was certain they had it). I suspect that only certain Publix markets have it and perhaps the meat department guy had worked in one that did. In any case, I've heard that the grocery stores that do have it have Habbersett, which I do not like at all. I'd rather find a nice Delaware brand like with Rapa or Delaware Maid. Still, even Habbersett would look nice to me right now. So if anyone knows which specific Publix has it (or any other store) I would be very grateful, and if you can tell me a restaurant that serves it for breakfast you will have my eternal gratitude.

Shoofly pie is something I have been craving for about six months, I have been pointed to the Amish community in Sarasota in general, and specifically to Yoder's restaurant there (and in fact am taking a trip to Yoder's on my vacation next week), but I have to believe that somewhere in Orlando there is a place that makes these.

-Harry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgebel View Post
I asked about this when I first moved down here, but it's been two years so I decided to ask again.

I'm looking for a source of scrapple and/or shoofly pie in the Orlando area. I'm especially looking for a restaurant that serves scrapple with breakfast, but I would be happy just to find a grocery store that sells it. I've been recommended to Publix but I couldn't find it there and neither could the meat department guy who helped me look (although he was certain they had it). I suspect that only certain Publix markets have it and perhaps the meat department guy had worked in one that did. In any case, I've heard that the grocery stores that do have it have Habbersett, which I do not like at all. I'd rather find a nice Delaware brand like with Rapa or Delaware Maid. Still, even Habbersett would look nice to me right now. So if anyone knows which specific Publix has it (or any other store) I would be very grateful, and if you can tell me a restaurant that serves it for breakfast you will have my eternal gratitude.

Shoofly pie is something I have been craving for about six months, I have been pointed to the Amish community in Sarasota in general, and specifically to Yoder's restaurant there (and in fact am taking a trip to Yoder's on my vacation next week), but I have to believe that somewhere in Orlando there is a place that makes these.

-Harry
They do have Scrapple at Publix. It's in the frozen dept where like the breakfast sausage is. I've bought it plenty times before. Alot of times, if you ask, nobody knows what it is. They also have pork roll, if you're interested.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,870 times
Harry, look for a SWEET BAY store, I know that they are handling Smoked Lebanon Bolongna, Here is a e-mail address for the pie guy who ships Amish Receipe Wet Bottom Shoofly Pie. Contact him and perhaps he can throw in some scrapple with your order or any other Pennsylvania items. I know that He is PA PREFFERED with the PA Dept. of Ag. And ships world wide. The shipping is more than the items, but well worth it. I hope this helps. [email]pieguypa@aol.com[/email]

Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 AM

193 posts, read 623,717 times
Linda's Winter Park Diner on Fairbanks used to have it on their breakfast menu. Don't know if they still do or not.

1700 West Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789
Phone 407-644-2443
Hours
Mon - Sat: 5:30 am-2:00 pm
Sun: 6:00 am-1:00 pm

Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM

71 posts, read 218,266 times
Can't help you with the scrapple but I am PA Dutch and have an awsome easy shoo-fly pie recipe. You can use store bought pie crust if you aren't good at making it your self!

Old 12-26-2013, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,342 times
Default scrapple / shoo fly pie

I was born and raised outside of the PA dutch country. Hatfield scrapple and Shoo fly pie were always in my house.

I can tell you the scrapple at publix isn't as good as what you got in PA. I am looking for a place that will ship.

Miller's in Lancaster PA will ship the best wet bottom shoo-fly pie you ever had. Just call them. It cost $25 plus shipping and comes in a decorate pie tin. The size is big enough to satisfy a good size group of family or friends. Just call them 800-669-3568. You can also google Miller's Smorgesborg in Lancaster County to view their website.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 AM

47 posts, read 96,789 times
The only play I know of is at Publix and they carry it at all of them in the freezer section, I buy it all the time it's so good.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:00 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
I like the suggestion of learning how to make your own Shoofly pie
Now I want a piece!

Old 12-31-2013, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,295 times
Publix and Winn Dixie carries it in freezer section with breakfast meats. Publix had Habbersett and WD had Jones. I'm a Habbersett guy myself but in a pinch I'll get Jones since WD is closer to me.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,972 times
Rodeo dinner in Kissimmee serves it all day long. Only place I know of in central Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando