Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM

29 posts, read 100,765 times

Advertisements

Also to add to the list; Don Asher & Associates & Re/Max Realty Resources in Lake Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
JC, could it be the insurance? Some dogs require an insurance rider and I'm guessing these properties don't have it.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 AM

8 posts, read 22,716 times
JC, I really am surprised you're having such a tough time finding a place. As another poster noted, the market is saturated with empty homes in and around Orlando right now, all waiting to be rented! This should leave room for some flexibility...

I highly suggest craigslist for housing searches. You'll find loads of private owners and my experience has shown private owners to be much more flexible with pets than property management companies. Of course, companies also list homes there, but I think you might find a varied selection. Check the Orlando Sentinel's classifieds, too.

Good luck with the hunt! I'm sure you'll eventually be successful with the price range and what you're looking for.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:45 PM

I found one realtor who seems really good whom I'll stick by.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM

42 posts, read 176,791 times
Bummer....if you were looking in Melbourne, I'd have a house I'd rent to you!

Wish you luck on your search! I'm very sympathetic, went through that twice with our sweet ol' shepherd mix ourselves. We actually had better luck finding landlords who were ok with dogs by going through Craigslist and by a referral from one of my sweetie's coworkers. Lots of realtors are just too lazy to bother finding something decent for pet owners, even with the market the way it is now.

I still can't understand why some landlords have no problem with yappy little rat dogs that are anklebiters, but freak out over a goofy ol' mutt.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryO View Post
Bummer....if you were looking in Melbourne, I'd have a house I'd rent to you!

Wish you luck on your search! I'm very sympathetic, went through that twice with our sweet ol' shepherd mix ourselves. We actually had better luck finding landlords who were ok with dogs by going through Craigslist and by a referral from one of my sweetie's coworkers. Lots of realtors are just too lazy to bother finding something decent for pet owners, even with the market the way it is now.

I still can't understand why some landlords have no problem with yappy little rat dogs that are anklebiters, but freak out over a goofy ol' mutt.
KoryO, we have a cousin in Melbourne. And thanks for the input. We may look in Merritt Island area but we're more inclined to be in or near Orlando.
I said the same thing how terriers are okay who are snappy and yappy but our sweet quiet Shepherd mix is not okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando