Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

We need help planning a summer trip to visit the National parks out west. We are considering renting an RV and spending a total of 3 weeks on the road. Has anyone out there done this? Can you assit us in recommending rv companies, campgrounds, sites to visit and fun activities for the family (2 adults, 1 teen and a 10yr.) It will be a great help if you could share an itenerary you have experienced and enjoyed.

Thanks in advance for your reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 04:15 AM

2 posts, read 5,778 times
plannig a trip to west usa

Old 02-14-2009, 04:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,778 times
[LEFT]Need help planning a trip to west USA[/LEFT]
[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]
We need help planning a summer trip to visit the National parks out west. We are considering renting a car and spending a total of 3 weeks on the road. Has anyone out there done this? Can you assit us in recommending routs, hotels, sites to visit and fun activities for the 2 adults. It will be a great help if you could share an itenerary you have experienced and enjoyed.

Thanks in advance for your rep

Old 02-15-2009, 04:43 PM

292 posts, read 725,621 times
Lightbulb western trip recommendations

Well, there's so many national parks out there I'd look at all of them and rank them by how much you'd want to go there. You could do a southwest trip with places like the Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands, etc in AZ and Utah. Enter the southwest Via Albuquerque through I-40--the old route 66 route--take the longest tram in the world on the eastern edge of alb and be 10,000 ft high. After that, drive to the Grand Canyon via Flagstaff and spend some time over there. I'm actually going to be going on that trip myself in a month from now. Going to go see the Canyon, as well as Meteor crater and maybe Sedona--Red Rock country where all the crystal worshippers congregate LOL. If I had more time, I'd then drive up to Monument Valley and go up to Utah and see all the wonderful sights there. After that, I'd drive north up towards Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. After that, drive SE through Wyoming and see Rocky Mountain National Park. Then drive past Denver and go back home. That'll take three weeks I'd imagine.

Another route would be to a west coast trip. Drive on I-10 through El Paso, and see the Saguaro National Park in Tuscon. Wonderful country for sure! Then drive up towards Flagstaff and see the Canyon. After that, drive past Vegas and go through the Central Valley till right before you hit Fresno, and see Sequoia National Park and the largest Trees in the World. The next day you could drive through Fresno and go up towards the bay area and see Yosemite, which many people say is the most beautiful place they've ever seen. Then Keep going north till you hit Mt. Shasta, Crater Lake, Mt. Rainer, the Olympic Penninsula in WA state, then go east to Glacier Nat. Park, and Yellowstone. Definitely would be the trip of a lifetime!

I hope it all works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando