Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:18 AM

135 posts, read 88,673 times

Advertisements

Hi,
If there are any locals or people who know Walt Disney World well can you offer some insight on how much time is needed per park? We are estimating 1 day per park (but perhaps 1.5 days for Magic Kingdom). I am trying to decide on whether to purchase a park hopper pass, regular 5 day pass or water park (not sure if we will have enough time to do a water park and whether a water park is an all day thing or not). Will be staying on a resort for 5 days (Mon-Sat). 3 children ages 5, 8 and 10 and grandparents.
We want to do SeaWorld as well. Is this enough time to do MK, AK, Universal, SeaWorld, epcot and a water park? If you were to omit one of those items which would it be?
I have not been in almost a decade and last time I went we only visited MK since child was toddler.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:12 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
I would do 1 day at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Animal Kingdom, 1 day at Epcot, 1 day at Seaworld, 1 day at Aquatica and 1 day at Universal

Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 AM

491 posts, read 474,153 times
Starting on May 27 they'll be opening the new Avatar Land in Animal Kingdom, so I'm not sure if you'll be there around that time.

The thing is, there is so much to do in each of these parks, that you're going to be missing out on a lot as it is. So, forget about trying to do everything, especially when you have kids. Just try to pick a few things you really want to do and focus on that, and most of all just try to have fun with the family. There's no way you're gonna do it all in one day, so don't even try to do half, just have fun. It'll be very overwhelming how many shops and places there are to see.

A water park is usually a half-day thing.

Day 1
I'd probably use a park hopper for one day and do 1/2 day morning at Animal Kingdom (if going after May 27, and making sure to visit the new Avatar Land), the other 1/2 day afternoon at Epcot. Just be sure to ride Spaceship Earth on that big ball and to go to the World Showcase and see all the international country pavilions. Make sure to be at the park before it opens at 9AM.

Day 2
Magic Kingdom

Day 3
Magic Kingdom

On one day you can hit up the major rides (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc.) and then on the other day you can keep riding rides, but also have a bit more time to look at the shops and enjoy the scenery and music and fireworks and parades, etc.

Day 4
Islands of Adventure park (there are two Universal Studios park, but there's not enough time to see both, I happen to think Islands of Adventure (the other Universal park) is better than Universal Studios, but you can do whatever you want.)

Day 5
Sea World/Aquatica (water park at Sea World)

There are other water parks too, but it'd be cool if you combined Sea World with Aquatica since you're short in time.

I feel like Magic Kingdom is so overwhelming and iconic that for a first time, you should spend 2 days there, just so you can not feel rushed and can see a variety of things.

Do whatever you want, though. I'm just showing how I would do it.

Last edited by clearlevel; 04-17-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 04-17-2017, 01:29 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,078,986 times
The cost to visit multiple parks becomes quite expensive.
You're not staying long enough in Orlando to really make the most of mixing parks.
Hoppers are a waste too, because of the time spent in transit.

5 Days at Disney is $370 + Tax
If you do this, plan on 1 day at each park- and the last day to do which one you had the most fun in. Probably will be Magic Kingdom with the little ones.

4 Days at Disney + Seaworld is 350 + 79 + Tax
4 Days at Disney + Seaworld + Aquatica is 350 + 109 + Tax

3 Days at Disney Hoppers + Seaworld/Aquatica + Universal (1 Park) is 349 + 109 +110 + Tax

This is your sweet spot below if you want to add a water park.
4 Days at Disney + Aquatica is 350 + 49 = 399 + Tax.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:26 PM

135 posts, read 88,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlevel View Post
Starting on May 27 they'll be opening the new Avatar Land in Animal Kingdom, so I'm not sure if you'll be there around that time.

The thing is, there is so much to do in each of these parks, that you're going to be missing out on a lot as it is. So, forget about trying to do everything, especially when you have kids. Just try to pick a few things you really want to do and focus on that, and most of all just try to have fun with the family. There's no way you're gonna do it all in one day, so don't even try to do half, just have fun. It'll be very overwhelming how many shops and places there are to see.

A water park is usually a half-day thing.

Day 1
I'd probably use a park hopper for one day and do 1/2 day morning at Animal Kingdom (if going after May 27, and making sure to visit the new Avatar Land), the other 1/2 day afternoon at Epcot. Just be sure to ride Spaceship Earth on that big ball and to go to the World Showcase and see all the international country pavilions. Make sure to be at the park before it opens at 9AM.

Day 2
Magic Kingdom

Day 3
Magic Kingdom

On one day you can hit up the major rides (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc.) and then on the other day you can keep riding rides, but also have a bit more time to look at the shops and enjoy the scenery and music and fireworks and parades, etc.

Day 4
Islands of Adventure park (there are two Universal Studios park, but there's not enough time to see both, I happen to think Islands of Adventure (the other Universal park) is better than Universal Studios, but you can do whatever you want.)

Day 5
Sea World/Aquatica (water park at Sea World)

There are other water parks too, but it'd be cool if you combined Sea World with Aquatica since you're short in time.

I feel like Magic Kingdom is so overwhelming and iconic that for a first time, you should spend 2 days there, just so you can not feel rushed and can see a variety of things.

Do whatever you want, though. I'm just showing how I would do it.
I think I got confused when I said universal - I meant that Hollywood studio theme park at Disney. We were going to do Disney parks only (Mk, Ak, Hollywood studios and epcot) plus 1 day at seaworld (universal will be another trip in future).
I wanted to know which parks could be done in less than day (Epcot and holywood studios or Epcot and animal kingdom?). We are going to skip blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. Is there enough time to do sea world plus aquatics in one day?

Old 04-17-2017, 03:39 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,078,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmichael View Post
I think I got confused when I said universal - I meant that Hollywood studio theme park at Disney. We were going to do Disney parks only (Mk, Ak, Hollywood studios and epcot) plus 1 day at seaworld (universal will be another trip in future).
I wanted to know which parks could be done in less than day (Epcot and holywood studios or Epcot and animal kingdom?). We are going to skip blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. Is there enough time to do sea world plus aquatics in one day?
Hollywood 'could' be done in less than a day, but it isn't worth buying hoppers because you can't get another park done in that same day. You might find you need a little downtime, or a restaurant reservation goes long, etc.

Stick to One park per day. Aquatica will only be 3-4 hours, but you likely won't feel like doing much else after a day of swimming/etc.

The Central Florida Theme Park Scene can keep you busy for a solid two weeks with a different park each day. Just plan your visit wisely and with cost savings in mind and then come back again another year.

Proper planning can realistically cut 50% of your costs down.
Rough for the people who come here and just 'wing' it. There's certainly a game plan involved to make the most of it.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
No you couldn't do Seaworld and Aquatica in one day. Personally, I would choose Aquatica over Seaworld, since it will be potentially more relaxing... going to the parks back to back, especially Disney is EXHAUSTING, so a water park would be great.

When you go to Hollywood Studios, make sure you visit Toy Story Midway Mania FIRST because this one is by far the most popular ride there and the line will get HUGE early on, so make it your first stop.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:16 PM

38 posts, read 52,112 times
I would not do parkhoppers. I would stick to one park per day. All the parks have a lot of stuff and will easily keep you busy for a day. Plus the kids will slow you down and you will never get to all the things everyone wants unless you are absolutely on top of your game and rush the kids through everything as fast as possible, know exactly where everything is, have your fastpasses well planned, etc. I would not try to cram Sea World and Aquatica into one day either especially with the kiddos.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:12 PM

491 posts, read 474,153 times
Quote:
I would say it really depends on what your family likes. Like I said, you're just here to look around for the first time. You're going to be looking around the stores and taking it all in. Don't worry about trying to do everything. Get there as soon as the park opens and then get off on the park that closest the latest. When Avatar Land opens, Animal Kingdom is expected to be very crowded, so if it's open when you go, head there first. Animal Kingdom doesn't have that much to do, besides the Avatar, the Everest Roller Coaster, the African Safari ride, and then that's it. Those are the main rides, and you've got a bunch of animal trails and other shows, but you can skip all those shows. There's a lot of walking around the animal section of Animal Kingdom. Also, Hollywood Studios is currently being refurbished and half the park is closed, so that's definitely not a park that you should spend too much time on and if you want you can skip it. Or you could just see it half-way by going to The Great Movie Ride, The Indiana Jones and the Tower of Terror and Rock 'N Roller Coaster. I like Epcot, but it's mostly just shows and movies, so I could see how people could get bored. You could get the gist of Epcot by just going in the evening to the Spaceship Earth ride, visit a few of the future world pavilions and then walk around the international country pavilions. Of course, if you had more time, you could see more, but I'm saying if you're short on time, don't try to see it all. You'll probably go on 2 or 3 rides and be mostly walking around if it's a half-day.

Disney is not just about rides. It's about walking around and looking at the scenery. It's about looking at the shops. It's about having those little experiences with your children. Disney is all about creating opportunities for people to talk to each other and have fun.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:10 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,963,373 times
We are doing Disney with our kids 8 and 9 in a couple of months. We are also staying at one of the Disney resorts. We are staying from Sunday to Saturday. We are doing MK on Monday, Epcot on Tuesday, Animal Kingdom on Wednesday, Hollywood Studios on Thursday and MK on Friday. We didn't see a need for the park hopper as one park each day is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: