Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

I hope they give her the most severe sentence possible!

Reports say she knew about his plans and even was with him the day before when he bought large sums of ammunition.

Pulse nightclub shooter's wife to stand trial in Orlando | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 12:10 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Media coverage lol......unless one had been living under a rock, this was the worst mass shooting ever in recent memory until vegas

Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I hope they give her the most severe sentence possible!

Reports say she knew about his plans and even was with him the day before when he bought large sums of ammunition.

Pulse nightclub shooter's wife to stand trial in Orlando | Fox News
and I hope you let her have her day in court too...You seem to want to find her guilty first for not coming forth with information.
We have women in the US who were sexually harassed 40 years ago who are just now speaking out for the first time.
Unless the Government has evidence that she colluded and helped Mateen to plan / participate in this horrific attack there really isn't much there to convict her.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 AM

375 posts, read 332,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
and I hope you let her have her day in court too...You seem to want to find her guilty first for not coming forth with information.
We have women in the US who were sexually harassed 40 years ago who are just now speaking out for the first time.
Unless the Government has evidence that she colluded and helped Mateen to plan / participate in this horrific attack there really isn't much there to convict her.
If you know of an impeding crime and don't contact relevant authorities that itself can be prosecuted as a crime. Collusion itself is not necessary.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringSnow View Post
If you know of an impeding crime and don't contact relevant authorities that itself can be prosecuted as a crime. Collusion itself is not necessary.
Understandable but how many women are afraid of abusive spouses / boyfriends who are afraid to speak out?
I seriously doubt this woman knew Mateen was going to kill so many people in that club or what his plans were.
Look at the shooter in Vegas.
Why didn't gun dealers know he was buying so many weapons?
Shouldn't they have been suspicious too?

Old 12-07-2017, 04:10 AM

375 posts, read 332,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Understandable but how many women are afraid of abusive spouses / boyfriends who are afraid to speak out?
I seriously doubt this woman knew Mateen was going to kill so many people in that club or what his plans were.
Look at the shooter in Vegas.
Why didn't gun dealers know he was buying so many weapons?
Shouldn't they have been suspicious too?
Obviously, she will be tried in a court of law to determine just how much she knew. I'm not saying she's guilty but if she did know, she needs to face justice. Using some "she's a scared woman" shield doesn't cut it for me.

As to "Why didn't gun dealers know he was buying so many weapons?", is just completely off topic but in case you're actually curious

1)Buying large sums of weapons itself is not a crime
2)Buying lots of guns is fairly commonplace in the USA since collecting guns is kind of a hobby for many people, in other words buying large quantities of guns itself is not indicative of much
3)How are gun dealers supposed to know how many guns he bought unless he bought those guns from them?
4)The gun dealers (I take it) did their duty which was to run a standard background check which actually notifies the government that you're purchasing a firearm. Since he was not a criminal at this juncture, there was no cause for suspicion and the sale went through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: