Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM

24 posts, read 146,605 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to Winter Springs. Sunrise Estates / Sunrise Village looks nice but lots of homes for sale. Is there something wrong that I'm not seeing. I have 2 children 10 and under, and the schools looks good too. I'm going there next week to look but wanted to know if anyone had any info. Crime, safety issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM

986 posts, read 3,551,072 times
Default hi there

Well, you will be able to get great advice and some great stats on city data, and Winter Springs has alot of nice things about it. The problem for me is access and location. It is not centralized and its set so it is going in and out of it is very limited. There are some other great areas i would recommend and think you should take a look at them when your down here and compare them to Winter Springs to give you a fair idea of the differences and whats out there for the money.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 PM

The reason I'm looking into the area is because my daughter needs a private school for her learning disability that is off Tuskawilla Rd. in Winter Springs. I have to drive her to and from everyday. My husband works from home, so access to other places isn't so much of an issue. I have another daughter in elementary school that I would like to put in a good school also. Rainbow Elementary seems like a good school when I look at Parent reviews, scores, enrichment, parent involvement, etc (which is where Sunrise estates go to).

I saw the statistics of Winter Springs. Anywhere specific you could think of? Lake Mary seems a bit far from the private school, there are a couple of places in Oviedo I'd like to look at also. Do you know of the Sunrise Estates is there a problem with it?
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbay View Post
The reason I'm looking into the area is because my daughter needs a private school for her learning disability that is off Tuskawilla Rd. in Winter Springs. I have to drive her to and from everyday. My husband works from home, so access to other places isn't so much of an issue. I have another daughter in elementary school that I would like to put in a good school also. Rainbow Elementary seems like a good school when I look at Parent reviews, scores, enrichment, parent involvement, etc (which is where Sunrise estates go to).

I saw the statistics of Winter Springs. Anywhere specific you could think of? Lake Mary seems a bit far from the private school, there are a couple of places in Oviedo I'd like to look at also. Do you know of the Sunrise Estates is there a problem with it?
Thanks!
Greetings. Lake Mary was recently awarded the #1 Best Place to Live in the South and the #4 Best Place to live in the Nation (Rated by CNN Money Magazine).

Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,258 times
Nothing in particular wrong with sunrise estates. That entire tuskawilla area is a nice safe area, you've looked up the statistics, what makes you think this neighborhood in particular has something wrong with it?

I know what general area you are looking in, what other criteria did you have? I'd be happy to send you a quick email with some homes that may fit your needs.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 AM

35 posts, read 172,670 times
I have a friend who used to live in Sunrise Estates for years, moved away to Jacksonville for about 4 years and when she returned she bought another house in Sunrise. If that doesn't say something, nothing will!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM

986 posts, read 3,551,072 times
Default hi

considering the response you left detailing your childrens situation and that is you main concern which it should be, i think yo uwill be in a pretty good area. I know people who i have helped to get some good deals in that neighbourhood and considering the proximity to the school, i think you would do just fine over there.

Good luck

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM

We came back from Florida Saturday and we found a house to rent in Sunrise. It's a 5 minute ride to the private school and the public school (Rainbow) everyone seems to love. We looked at 5 houses to rent in Sunrise and found one and put money down. So I'm excited.

Looked at a bunch of houses and apartments in general area and we loved the Oviedo and Lake Mary area but decided since its really four trips a day to and from the private school Sunrise is the best bet. We even met a bunch of neighbors who we thought were nice.
We'll probably rent a year or two then buy something.
Thanks all!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,925 times
I do not know if you are still getting these emails, but I live in Sunrises Estates, so does my sister, and 4 out of 5 of the poeple on my street go to the same church as I do. I currently rent a home and I am in the process of moving into another home in Sunrise, I was only looking to relocate in the same neighborhood b/c my daughter is handicapp as well and the nieghbors are great. The schools are great and I have no complaints. Yes there are alot of home for sale, but that is everywhere people are trying to avoid foreclosure. i love the area and I wouldnt change it. If you move into the area send me an email and I can introduce you to some great neighbors how will always be of help.

Stacey

[email]sacedeno3@aol.com[/email]

Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,897 times
I would also agree sunrise is a great area i also have a 7 year old son that attends rainbow and it is a wonderfull school.Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando