Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:54 PM

163 posts, read 390,868 times

Advertisements

I really need some assistance. I'll be relocating next month to Orlando and I'm having a huge problem finding somewhere to live. I have a friendly rottweiler and nobody wants to accept this breed of dog. I've treid private home rentals and apartments, and I've only been able to find one place that will accept him. It's a beautifull apartment complex in Altamonte, however the move in cost is outrageous. If anyone knows of any places, that are pet friendly and do not discriminate on dog breeds, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Wow, is there no hope for me?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 32,729 times
Default Rottweiler

I'm moving from NJ to Fl within 3 weeks with 9 year old friendly rotty and can't find anyplace who will allow us. This is ridiculous.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks123 View Post
I'm moving from NJ to Fl within 3 weeks with 9 year old friendly rotty and can't find anyplace who will allow us. This is ridiculous.
Depending on your budget, there are three apartment complexes in the greater Orlando area that will accept Rotties. Since living here, I've also rented a private house in Poinciana, FL. People are so desperate to rent out there, they don't car if u have a horse in your house.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Actually I've met far more gentle rotts than aggressive ones. Can't say that about a lot of other breeds.

That said, I woulnd't rent to anyone with any size dog without a million dollar liability policy in place naming me as an additional insured and a $1000 pet deposit.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
I hate how every time, ANYWHERE on C-D, someone starts a thread asking about trying to rent with a rottweiler/pit bull/other dog that is often a breed restriction, people begin lecturing that person on "they should have known better" before adopting the dog.

How are those comments helpful or constructive or worth anything at all? Obviously, the person has the animal now, and is just trying to find out information about where to live. Why can't everyone just leave it at that?

I understand that the topic of breed restricted dogs is "heated" at times, and it would be different if the OP was asking if he/she should adopt a dog of this type, but they're not! The animal is already an important part of their family.

Sorry...thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:26 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Post about the topic not about the breed of dog. Thank you

Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 PM

174 posts, read 455,138 times
We moved here from DE and lived in a hotel for 3 months before we ended up getting a STR in Kissimmee for 2 months. She was ok with our rottie because she knew it was an older house-broken dog. If you get a realtor to help you find a rental, they will be able to pull up listings that will take larger dogs. They will also call on your behalf. If you need one, please let me know, our realtor found us 6 houses that would take her.

We only rented for 2 months because we ended up buying a house.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,073 times
I'm moving to Orlando next month and have a 3 year old rottie that is an absolute sweetheart. Can anyone help me out with finding any place that is rottie friendly, or a good realtor that would be able to help. PM me or email (alligrams@gmail.com) Thank you!!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 AM

9 posts, read 33,500 times
Default Apt accepting all breeds

Hope you found something since you last posted.

I found one online - www.LaEsperanzaApts.com
that accepts all dog breeds under the condition that it passes a pet interview - whatever that means. I am going to call them and ask how that goes because I am in the same predicament moving from NJ to FL with a mixed shepherd. I had problems finding an apartment in NJ.

People are insensitive to dog breed issues when they say 'should have known better before adopting' - I lived in Tucson, AZ (before NJ) and there are no breed restrictions there and therefore no issues with shepherds (or Rotties, etc.). So how the heck is a person to know they have to move to another state with dog breed restrictions when they go to adopt a dog - especially if the dog passes aggression tests prior to adoption. I just don't get it. I don't understand the apartment complex rules that they claim are related to their insurance company. Then they should choose another insurance company so they can get more tenants in to their complex that they would otherwise turn away because of the breed.

Good luck if you haven't found an apartment yet. In this economy, sometimes apartment communities are better than private owners in regards to private owners struggling to keep up with maintenance and then charging dishonest fees upon move-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando