Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:03 PM

127 posts, read 407,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Mich View Post
BTW, for those who say that Orlando is not hot and humid...it is. Not all days are near-100, but there are plenty of late-spring, summer, early-fall days in the mid-to-high 90's, with July and August frequently having near 100% humidity. I lived and worked for many years in Orlando, working outdoors year round for two of them....trust me, June, July, and August can be miserable outdoors, April, May, September, and October tend to be pretty nice, with the other months being fairly comfortable. "Cold" weather really doesn't exist in Central Florida, though you may get an occasional day in the 30's, sometimes dropping into the teens or 20's at night, but that is not very often. If the Orlando natives ever experienced winter, they would have no idea what to do....snow? What's that? But, most people in Orlando are from somewhere else, many of them being snowbirds....
Nobody is saying it doesn't get hot & humid, it obviously does in the summer. The only time it's near 100% humidity is when it rains, which is often in the summer, but that of course brings the temperature way down. And since the poster was asking about Orlando vs. Charlotte, Charlotte gets quite hot & humid in the summer as well. And of course winters are great in Orlando, but if you are a 4 seasons kind of person (I grew up in the Boston area, and I hate the cold) then you might like Charlotte better. Bottom line unless you are living in Southern Cal no place has 100% perfect weather, you pick your poison or find the place that suits your tastes. I personally can deal with the summers, much preferable to shoveling snow and wearing layers of clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:11 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
And today in Charlotte it is a high of 77 Sunny and NO humidity.

Upper 70's and Low 80's this whole week and NO humidity. That doesn't come until about mid-late June and is gone by mid-late September. Only 3 months of humidity.

We have had very few days this year so far in the very low 80's. Maybe 10 so far. Rest have been in the 70's or cooler for highs. It has been in the 40's the last 2 mornings for lows. Very nice & cool & crisp!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-19-2008 at 02:21 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Thanks for warning me about there being no humidity. If there was no humidity, that would mean your skin would be cracking, your tap would be running dry, and you would most likely be dehydrated and at the verge of death as you type. You can goodbye to Lake Norman and Lake Wylie too.

Like I said, thanks for warning me in advance! Sorry if I was rude though, I'm a Floridian, can't help it. Now I'm off to continue my life of crime (en espanol).

(warning, don't take anything I said there too seriously)

Old 05-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
And today in Charlotte it is a high of 77 Sunny and NO humidity.

Upper 70's and Low 80's this whole week and NO humidity. That doesn't come until about mid-late June and is gone by mid-late September. Only 3 months of humidity.

We have had very few days this year so far in the very low 80's. Maybe 10 so far. Rest have been in the 70's or cooler for highs.
Funny the Charlotte police followed me over to the Orlando forum lol... Yeah Orlando has maybe an extra month of humidity, but much better winters. And NO humidity is a stretch (and it was around 90 recently one day, can't remember which one), there have a been several humid days for sure, I've run the AC many times in the last month, and I'm from Florida. But yes right now the weather is pretty good, however June is almost here...

Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
Funny the Charlotte police followed me over to the Orlando forum lol... Yeah Orlando has maybe an extra month of humidity, but much better winters. And NO humidity is a stretch (and it was around 90 recently one day, can't remember which one), there have a been several humid days for sure, I've run the AC many times in the last month, and I'm from Florida. But yes right now the weather is pretty good, however June is almost here...
Sure..............

Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 PM

14 posts, read 10,294 times
It has been hot as hell already here in Orlando!!! It sucks!!!

Compelled, you make me laugh kid! You are off "doing crime en espanol" HAHAHA!!! That was funny. Word up kid.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Only humid in Orlando 4 months.......sure.
Hey like I told Ani, I love Charlotte, I REALLY REALLY DO. Feel better?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
Hey like I told Ani, I love Charlotte, I REALLY REALLY DO. Feel better?
Fell better about what. I am truelly BLESSED! Hope you feel great too!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Aren't you the one who wants to move to Palm Beach County?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Aren't you the one who wants to move to Palm Beach County?
YES...hope ALL Floridians aren't the same...one can only hope & pray!....lol!

Hopefully Wellington. Friends are in Manalapan but that is not in my budget. Seems like in South Florida that other than oceanfront...the further West you go the better it is....true?

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-19-2008 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando