Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 03:00 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
See screenshot for racial makeup... you can also search 32819 and 32836 for racial makeups too. People are accepting of all races here.

I think a good private school will always be better than public schools mainly because they have the power to kick out troublesome students and fire teachers with a lot more ease. I think Lake Highland Prep is the best private school in Orlando area, there is a private school bus that picks students up from Dr. Phillips to here as I’ve seen it many times. I’ve heard good things about Windermere Prep too, but not as much as Lake Highland but still very good.
I agree, LHP seems to be the better of the private schools here though with a caveat....minus the dominance seen in other FL cities like Miami, Ft Lauderdale or Jacksonville where the extra funds spent are much more likely to pan out. It would be hard in my opinion to justify the cost difference and academic performance between magnet/AP program results at schools like Oviedo Hagerty HS, Sanford Seminole HS or Altamonte Springs Lake Brantley HS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I think a good private school will always be better than public schools mainly because they have the power to kick out troublesome students and fire teachers with a lot more ease. I think Lake Highland Prep is the best private school in Orlando area, there is a private school bus that picks students up from Dr. Phillips to here as I’ve seen it many times. I’ve heard good things about Windermere Prep too, but not as much as Lake Highland but still very good.
I've found the same to be the case with private vs. public here in the Bay Area as well, will certainly consider the two. Thanks all!

Old 09-29-2020, 05:06 PM

648 posts, read 518,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
This is kinda true but that’s how it is in many (if not most) large cities. It is what it is. I just moved back to Orlando and while I do hear fart cans all the time on the 417 and major roads, the neighborhood really dictates if you’ll hear it every day. It can be very annoying, but what are you gonna do?
I think the difference here is that Florida does not do vehicle inspections. If they did, all those fart can vehicles (love that reference!) would never be allowed on the road. Only 12 States in the country have no vehicle safety or emission inspections.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:12 PM

126 posts, read 108,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
This is kinda true but that’s how it is in many (if not most) large cities. It is what it is. I just moved back to Orlando and while I do hear fart cans all the time on the 417 and major roads, the neighborhood really dictates if you’ll hear it every day. It can be very annoying, but what are you gonna do?
I don't know why the ricer cars are so popular in Orlando. It really embarrasses the area. They should be banned but Orange County doesn't care about ANYTHING.

What really scares me is that the fart can could enter Dr. Phillips and wake people up there. They don't have private streets. No one is safe from this no matter how much money they have.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:39 PM

I usually don't like what liberal California does but this is a good idea. Never happen in Orlando though.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/25799/...ine-you-for-it

Old 09-29-2020, 09:05 PM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
While I get that fart cans are annoying, you have a few (also) annoying alternatives:

- The hood where you get your wheels and stereo stolen (and are still exposed to fart cans)
- The middle class neighborhood with a bunch of nurses driving C300s who think they are better than their neighbors driving Accords. She also think's she is the **** because her bf works in HVAC and is known at the local Publix.
-The upper-middle full of single men and women flaunting cars they can't afford, to impress your also-single hot neighbor. You shouldn't live here if you're not into flirting with your Sunday-gardening neighbor.
-The upper class who will look down on you if you don't have a ~$100,000+ weekender sitting in your garage, that is JUST as loud as the fart can.

Pick your poison. There are douchebags at all levels of the spectrum.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:06 PM

Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
I don't know why the ricer cars are so popular in Orlando. It really embarrasses the area. They should be banned but Orange County doesn't care about ANYTHING.

What really scares me is that the fart can could enter Dr. Phillips and wake people up there. They don't have private streets. No one is safe from this no matter how much money they have.
I mean there's plenty of gated neighborhoods in DP. I honestly only hear those cars every once in a while, and I live downtown. Doesn't really bother me.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 PM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I mean there's plenty of gated neighborhoods in DP. I honestly only hear those cars every once in a while, and I live downtown. Doesn't really bother me.
And even then... I don't live in a gated neighborhood, yet I still don't hear them unless I go out on one of the main roads. Really only hear them for the most part on I-4 and 436.

Old 09-30-2020, 04:48 AM

747 posts, read 498,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
While I get that fart cans are annoying, you have a few (also) annoying alternatives:

- The hood where you get your wheels and stereo stolen (and are still exposed to fart cans)
- The middle class neighborhood with a bunch of nurses driving C300s who think they are better than their neighbors driving Accords. She also think's she is the **** because her bf works in HVAC and is known at the local Publix.
-The upper-middle full of single men and women flaunting cars they can't afford, to impress your also-single hot neighbor. You shouldn't live here if you're not into flirting with your Sunday-gardening neighbor.
-The upper class who will look down on you if you don't have a ~$100,000+ weekender sitting in your garage, that is JUST as loud as the fart can.

Pick your poison. There are douchebags at all levels of the spectrum.
I disagree on most of these. The issue isn’t the fart can. A loud car is a loud car. The concern is the type of individual who believes he should be revving his engine while driving through neighborhoods. I’ve found that it’s usually young, immature, low-class individuals that frequently do this. The nurses and whoever else are flaunting their cars don’t bother me at all because I don’t HEAR them at all hours of the day, waking me up at 6am on their way to work or at 2am on their way back home from clubs or parties. I don’t have an issue with anything but the loud, intrusive annoying SOUNDS. I couldn’t care less who the neighbors are or if they’re douchebags, as I won’t talk to them anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando