Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2020, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 37,985 times

Advertisements

Good evening. What are your thoughts on some parts of a home having epoxy flooring?

Is it easy to clean?

Health risks?

Considerations for dogs?

Property value?

Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 06:32 PM

6,126 posts, read 3,833,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRo View Post
Good evening. What are your thoughts on some parts of a home having epoxy flooring?

Is it easy to clean?

Health risks?

Considerations for dogs?

Property value?

Thank you all.
It's very durable. Easy to clean. No health risk that I'm aware of once it dries/cures. I can't see any reason why it would harm dogs or people. Well suited for sun rooms or lanais or wet areas such as baths. Very low maintenance.

Property value of using epoxy would be a plus in my opinion since if you don't like it, you can cover it with little trouble as opposed to a big job of removing tile which would have similar wear/durability properties.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:18 PM

786 posts, read 631,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRo View Post

Is it easy to clean?

Health risks?

Considerations for dogs?

Property value?

Thank you all.

It is easy to clean, but use approved cleaners. Cheap cleaners and degreaser will strip, chip, and haze the surface especially the glossy ones.

Health risks after are minimal to none after fully cured.

Risks to dogs, none when fully cured.

Does absolute zero to raise your value compared to stone or tile. It can however help you sell your home faster if you invested in an artistic professional coating.

Other considerations you need to know is condition of your floor. Cracks and unlevel concrete most of the time completely eliminate the option to do it right, and correcting those issues are usually too expensive to justify the expense where tile, carpeting and floor planking can hide the imperfections.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,631 times
I personally would love to have an artistic epoxy floor that looks like a solid floor made of marble or granite. If I didn't like it I could recover it easily, room by room.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:03 PM

648 posts, read 434,693 times
Great for covering up cracks in settled slab foundations with polished concrete floors in older houses.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:46 PM

786 posts, read 631,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Fields View Post
I personally would love to have an artistic epoxy floor that looks like a solid floor made of marble or granite. If I didn't like it I could recover it easily, room by room.

It's looks very nice when done right. But shop around and find a company with a showroom. When done wrong it is a very disappointing outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando