Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 02:35 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,185,387 times

Advertisements

Maybe you should stay where you are and the water is pure. Without even looking at the number of posts before I read the OP, I knew it would be a single digit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 03:12 PM

10 posts, read 9,951 times
Residents and officials of an east-central Florida county are raising the alarm over a potential link between increased cases of cancer in young people and chemicals detected in the groundwater of a nearby Air Force base.

Chemicals, including perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and/or perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which are used to extinguish aircraft fires and known to cause cancer, were detected in groundwater at Florida's Patrick Air Force Base and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, according to a U.S. Department of Defense report released in March.
https://weather.com/science/environm...s-cancer-water

What is currently going on with the real estate market in Brevard?

One would think that the government is supposed to take care of things like these. It wasn't until enough people were getting cancer and noticing a cancer cluster in their community that any action was taken. So sad. Even more sad is the attitude by those deniers on this forum who insist that everything is fine. I have a middle-aged relative in Miami with cancer and so far no one knows how they got it, it is fine if you don't care but please spare me the lecture about everything being fine.

Last edited by erjoalgo; 01-21-2021 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-21-2021, 05:29 PM

786 posts, read 626,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjoalgo View Post
Residents and officials of an east-central Florida county are raising the alarm over a potential link between increased cases of cancer in young people and chemicals detected in the groundwater of a nearby Air Force base.

Chemicals, including perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and/or perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which are used to extinguish aircraft fires and known to cause cancer, were detected in groundwater at Florida's Patrick Air Force Base and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, according to a U.S. Department of Defense report released in March.
https://weather.com/science/environm...s-cancer-water

What is currently going on with the real estate market in Brevard?

One would think that the government is supposed to take care of things like these. It wasn't until enough people were getting cancer and noticing a cancer cluster in their community that any action was taken. So sad. Even more sad is the attitude by those deniers on this forum who insist that everything is fine. I have a middle-aged relative in Miami with cancer and so far no one knows how they got it, it is fine if you don't care but please spare me the lecture about everything being fine.

Those replies just confirmed my original post about the Florida mentality. Just the simple taste of tap water alone is a giant red flag something is wrong. The only thing they got right is you should not consider moving here when you have concerns over the drinking water. It's not going to improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando