Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2021, 06:14 PM

63 posts, read 78,146 times

Advertisements

So, while I consider myself an enthusiast, I'm not one of those people who can afford to take time off and financially go on multiple state road trips at a time just to ride rollercoasters. BUT, whenever I am somewhere, I do tend to go to a theme park if there happens to be one there and ride the rollercoasters. If I had to estimate how many I've ridden, I'd say 100-150 so nothing like those guys I'm jealous of on youtube that ride multiple hundreds but I've been on my fair share.

Some of my favorite in no particular order include X2, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Fury 325, Tatsu, Intimidator 305, El Toro, Phoenix, Mystic Timbers, Voyage, Volcano (miss ya), yep, haven't had the time or finances to make a trip to Cedar Point yet unfortunately.

Now, besides the fantastic Fury 325, I feel B&M is a bit overrated. Their rides are good, don't get me wrong, but I usually tend to like Intamins and RMC's over B&M's for sure.

Mako though, by a lot of the people on youtube who do top coasters list, usually ranks as one of the 5 or so best B&M coasters in the USA or the world really. But, when I watch the video, it looks like a typical B&M Hypercoaster like Apollo's Chariot, Nitro, Diamondback, or Orion but people who travel for coasters usually say its better.

So, what is the feeling you get I'm missing while watching a video?

I'm actually looking forward to Manta more than Mako at the moment, but I'm definitely riding all 3 at Seaworld probably multiple times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 02:07 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,079,965 times
I also consider myself an enthusiast and have ridden Mako quite a few times. The ride experience is awesome at the beginning. Solid airtime and of course I love the setting over the lake. Then, after the mid-course brake, the ride's ending is kinda "meh"; a few mediocre turns/dips back to the station. Its first half makes it one of the better B&M hypers, though. Much more exciting than Orion (oversized family coaster IMO). I agree with you about preferring Intamin and RMC. That being said, Mako, Manta, and Kraken are a great combo. Hopefully, Ice Breaker will be open by the time of your trip to SeaWorld. It's small but looks really fun! Try to make your way over to Tampa as well - Kumba is excellent, and Busch Gardens is overall a very fine place.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:17 PM

Oh, a pleasant surprise somebody responded. I'd love to visit Tampa for Busch but it's a bit far and first time in Orlando, we got A LOT of things to do already, lol so maybe in the future. Kissimmee, the beach, Orlando, driving to places downtown's, SeaWorld. We only got 5 days including the day we drive 12 hours to get there. Oh, and of course, trying different foods you can't find in Louisville.

Usually Mako and Shambhala are the 2 top regarded rides besides Fury 325 so there is some hype to it for sure but I'll just look at it as having a normal fun experience so I won't be expect too much as hard as that may be. That's interesting what you say about the first half. I look forward to it.

Living in central Florida seems to have a lot of fun perks over Louisville but I think one of the few fun things Louisville has over Orlando is the rollercoasters at Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island. But, the trio at SeaWorld sounds really fun so I look forward to it!

Old 07-21-2021, 03:20 PM

Since I visited Cedar Point now, I have to add Millennium Force, Maverick, and Steel Vengeance to my favorite rollercoasters list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando