Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 09:03 AM

87 posts, read 76,479 times

Advertisements

My family and I are coming to Orlando for a vacation next month. We are going to Disney for the kids, but we want to know what fun places do NOT require masks. We are planning on going to Clearwater Beach one day as well. So any suggestions for fun places are appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 09:56 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,996,202 times
Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive - Open Friday-Sunday. It’s free and 100% natural. It’s like a safari drive where you use your own car, you should see more gators than you can count from your car, beautiful scenery and sounds of birds and ducks too.

Rent bikes from downtown Winter Garden and bike along the West Orange Trail.

Rent kayaks from Kings Landing.

Rent tubes and go tubing at Kelly Park.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:10 AM

17,231 posts, read 15,438,332 times
Also worth mentioning, to me, the beaches in Pinellas County NOT called Clearwater are far more enjoyable than Clearwater Beach. Worth checking out if you already plan to be in the area.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:17 PM

I should add that we have a 3 yr old . Those places sound amazing!

Old 04-01-2021, 12:29 PM

9,179 posts, read 6,216,162 times
Plan for long car rides. The trip from Disney to Clearwater Beach is 2 hours each way. And then parking at the Beach can be a nightmare. A very long day for a 3 year old.

I would think that a 3 year old would be happy at the hotel pool. or go to one of the Disney beaches such as Blizzard Beach and save yourself at least five hours in the car with a 3 year old.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Plan for long car rides. The trip from Disney to Clearwater Beach is 2 hours each way. And then parking at the Beach can be a nightmare. A very long day for a 3 year old.

I would think that a 3 year old would be happy at the hotel pool. or go to one of the Disney beaches such as Blizzard Beach and save yourself at least five hours in the car with a 3 year old.
Usually he's a good traveler. But I will definitely keep that in mind! Cause you just never know if they will cooperate. Are there any other beaches that aren't so far away?

Old 04-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothygalestolemybroom View Post
Usually he's a good traveler. But I will definitely keep that in mind! Cause you just never know if they will cooperate. Are there any other beaches that aren't so far away?
The Atlantic Coast beaches aren’t far. Cocoa is an easy 45 minute drive on the 528 from Disney. It’s not nearly as nice as the Gulf beaches, but it’s nice nonetheless.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:07 PM

786 posts, read 628,642 times
Atlantic side waters are more often too much for a 3 year old to handle, even with the best training (a 3 year old can get) and diligent parental supervision it will probably overwhelm them, plus you have to watch out for far more people involved in water activities that can cause collisions. That area is perfect for when they are a few years older as you can rent a surfboard or do the surf lessons, handboarding, or skimboarding, ect. Gulf waters are usualluy much more calm, this time of year is warmer, and only notable water activities to watch for are jetskiers, who will generally be too far out to be a concern.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Atlantic side waters are more often too much for a 3 year old to handle, even with the best training (a 3 year old can get) and diligent parental supervision it will probably overwhelm them, plus you have to watch out for far more people involved in water activities that can cause collisions. That area is perfect for when they are a few years older as you can rent a surfboard or do the surf lessons, handboarding, or skimboarding, ect. Gulf waters are usualluy much more calm, this time of year is warmer, and only notable water activities to watch for are jetskiers, who will generally be too far out to be a concern.
What beach would you suggest?

Old 04-04-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothygalestolemybroom View Post
What beach would you suggest?
If you’re going to be in Orlando and don’t want to subject yourself to a 2 hour drive to Gulf beaches, just go to Cocoa Beach. It’s more than good enough. I’ve never had issues with people on watercrafts endangering my kids — never even really noticed much of that. I’ve been going there since they were toddlers.
Melbourne beaches are good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando