Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 8,276 times

Advertisements

We are newish residents to Florida having lived in Maitland for the last 3 years, we have loved it here and my son went to Winter Park High school (reason for moving here) my husband works on the Cape so trying to get a bit closer for his commute but stay Central. We have looked in Harmony and really like it even though it has the CDD which we swore we wouldn't do.

It seems like at least there for what you pay you do get something for the cost.

Just wondering if there is anyone in the forums that lives in Harmony, or has lived in Harmony or think we should not even consider it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 09:45 PM

12,163 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Its in the absolute middle of nowhere, I would 110% go stir crazy living there. Kinda rednecky too. I went to Lake Nona High School not too long ago and the Harmony kids were oddballs.

Why not look at Narcoossee or Lake Nona?

Old 07-03-2021, 09:00 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
I’d definitely go with Lake Nona. You are super isolated in Harmony, I would also go crazy.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:02 AM

27,212 posts, read 43,910,956 times
I would suggest looking in Brevard County which has everything you need except for amusement parks. You get a good bit more value with dollars per square foot/home quality as well. Check out Rockledge which is under 30 minutes to the Cape and has some really nice neighborhoods worth exploring.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,624 times
As a Harmony resident I can only tell you that it has been the best choice I've ever made in my life. Harmony is not for everyone, it's a community for people that love the peace and quiet of the city life, yes we're in the middle of no where but that's the beauty of it, our community is a green community, is all about preserving our surroundings and wild life. Everyone looks out for each other, neighbors are very friendly and is mostly retired people from up north looking to life a calm life. Unfortunately there are a lot of communities been build around us so there goes our in the middle of no where... Yes the CDD is a pain in the ass but it's what keeps Harmony so beautiful and green, all the money is managed correctly to keep it beautiful, they are very strict with keeping the community clean and all the houses looking good but I don't mind cause I know the value of the house keeps going up. I felt in love from the moment I saw it and the schools are very good, so don't take my word for it, check it out and see for yourself. I've been there 5 years and will live there for a lot more.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:46 PM

6 posts, read 8,276 times
Thanks to all for your replies. I guess it matters what you are looking for. Lake Nona while it does have all the amenities is a traffic nightmare that I am not willing to deal with on the daily. So while the quiet of Harmony would kill BMW the traffic in Lake Nona would not make me happy. :-) I also can not do the zero lot line house which is all I see in newer developments. I am totally fine being 20 or 30 min away from 'things'. Kyle I am looking at Brevard, my problem is I want new or newish. I love old homes too but insurance is killing me. Mine just went up again.

mrgray thanks for your input. we do like the association for keeping the neighborhood looking kept. We have visited twice and I really loved the neighborly feeling, so many kids playing in the greenspace reminded me of when I was a kid.

Appreciate all the points of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando