Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 07:04 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times

Advertisements

Have any of you tried Bizzaro pizza at the original diner on the beach in Indialantic? Curious to see how you would rate it. It is run by an Italian family and most people who like NY style here like it, but then maybe it is the fact it is on the beach. My sister from the Midwest first comment after taking too long to order her pizza said, "They are so loud and rude! He shouted at me!" Just part of the atmosphere is what we told her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 07:41 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,127,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
Frank Pepe’s, baby!
I haven't been to New Haven in about 20 years but my mouth waters just thinking about it. Is it weird that there's no small airport around there you can't get a cheap flight on Spirit or Allegiant? Like how we have Sanford or Long Island has MacArthur?

Old 07-13-2021, 06:32 PM

648 posts, read 517,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
I haven't been to New Haven in about 20 years but my mouth waters just thinking about it. Is it weird that there's no small airport around there you can't get a cheap flight on Spirit or Allegiant? Like how we have Sanford or Long Island has MacArthur?
Mac Field! I used to do some work there on occasion. But yeah, that’s be great! A cheapie flight from Sanford to New Haven? Frank’s would be on the list for sure!

I was in that area in early April. Did I stop for a pie? Uh, yes.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:46 PM

112 posts, read 65,496 times
no pizza in the whole state is cmparable to nyc

Old 07-14-2021, 04:14 PM

141 posts, read 115,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopThe Steel2024 View Post
no pizza in the whole state is cmparable to nyc
I'm asking this question earnestly, not to take a p*ss on NYC. Where do you recommend for pizza in NYC? I went for the first time recently and tried several slices. They were all good but not mind blowing. I'm going back soon and I really want to taste what I've heard all the NY people going on about for decades.

Old 07-14-2021, 04:37 PM

112 posts, read 65,496 times
always go to Sal and Carmines bro

Old 07-14-2021, 05:11 PM

648 posts, read 517,934 times
Yeah, this place ^ is classic. For a classic Neapolitan pie go to Zero Otto Nove on Arthur Ave. And as I think I noted earlier, John’s on Bleeker. Of them and Sal and Carmines, I prefer S&C. Plenty of other places, especially on Staten Island and Coney. They’re around.

Anyway, back to Central Florida pies.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:58 AM

42 posts, read 50,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
I wonder if we helped the OP?

I was a day late and a dollar short Ended up in some crap pizzeria on John Young Pkwy. Back in Dallas now, just a matter of time before I head back to NYC and eat my beloved Amore's! I will keep this handy for my next Orlando visit! Thanks!

Old 07-17-2021, 07:17 AM

51 posts, read 49,388 times
want NY anything? try NY, this is FL, right? NY is a mere thousand miles away!

Old 07-29-2021, 01:53 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Stopped by this forum after a long while and saw this topic and I have to jump in:

The best NY slice in Orlando is at a hole in the wall joint on Edgewater called Nino's. This place does not taste like the countless places that claim to be NY style which are mostly completely average. This one nails a certain flavor that tastes the closest to NY slice joints. It's definitely NOT on the level of John's of Bleeker, which is one of the best pizzerias in the world. Watch the hours though they are not open on weekends and close early evening.

I have to give another shot out to the best overall pizza in Orlando which is a Neapolitan place called Antica in Altamonte. Go there...it's completely authentic, highest quality ingredients, oven from Italy, founders were an Italian family that recently sold the business to new owners, but the quality has not dropped. This place is well worth the drive from anywhere in the metro area to get to.

Last edited by Pete C; 07-29-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando