Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 01:30 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times

Advertisements

There really aren’t any masterplanned communities along the lines of Lakewood Ranch in Dr. Phillips, just subdivisions with clubhouses and pools. You’d need to go to either Celebration or
Baldwin Park for a true masterplanned community- neither of which is particularly close to DP. Hamlin could be an option as well but it’s also fairly far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 06:30 AM

10 posts, read 9,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
There really aren’t any masterplanned communities along the lines of Lakewood Ranch in Dr. Phillips, just subdivisions with clubhouses and pools. You’d need to go to either Celebration or
Baldwin Park for a true masterplanned community- neither of which is particularly close to DP. Hamlin could be an option as well but it’s also fairly far.
I see. That's what I thought since I couldn't find one online, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks very much for answering.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:30 AM

210 posts, read 270,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
I see. That's what I thought since I couldn't find one online, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks very much for answering.
Lake Nona would be a master planned community but not near Dr. Phillips.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterParkLocal View Post
Lake Nona would be a master planned community but not near Dr. Phillips.
Thanks. I just did a quick search of Lake Nona. Doing my best Chandler Bing impression, "Could it get any closer to the airport?" ;-)

Old 08-06-2021, 07:40 AM

20 posts, read 21,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
This. It's why I mentioned Horizon West. It's the largest, closest Masterplanned Community to Dr. Phillips. Still not on par with Lakewood Ranch, but certainly closer to it than the subdivisions in Dr. Phillips proper.

So, yes, it's quite close - as the crow flies - but frustratingly far in reality, by virtue of the neighborhoods and lakes which prevent direct roadway access between Sand Lake Rd and Winter Garden Vineland Rd.

Instead, you have 35mph roads meant to serve homes in Windermere - and commuting through those roads has been an ongoing problem for the locals.

To solve that issue, and depending on how far West you are within Horizon, Google Maps might have you taking 429 (Toll) to Turnpike (Toll) to I4W (Toll-ish) to get to Dr. Phillips, a route of 22 miles to go 9 miles in distance.

Point being that Horizon and Hamilton bring the Masterplanned community experience I think that OP is looking for, and *could be* a 10 minute drive to Restaurant Row, if only they built an extension to 528 or Sand Lake Rd. All you'd have to do is build some bridges over a couple of lakes and a hiway over some multi-million dollar homes. Not too much to ask!! /s

Old 08-06-2021, 09:58 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
OP, you might consider Viera which is a very desirable community an hour from Orlando. https://viera.com/visit-here

Old 08-06-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
OP, you might consider Viera which is a very desirable community an hour from Orlando. https://viera.com/visit-here
I've heard of it. I'll take a peek. Thank you.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:33 PM

210 posts, read 270,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
Thanks. I just did a quick search of Lake Nona. Doing my best Chandler Bing impression, "Could it get any closer to the airport?" ;-)
nailed it. But to be fair, there are sides of Lake Nona that are not touched by the noise pollution. Joe lewis is not a dummy and developed it in a way to attract multi million dollar homeowners. Just want to be as close to them as budget allows. I play tennis at the USTA center and you can wait 10 seconds after a plane passes to serve, it's that close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando