Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 12,648 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I will be in Florida next summer, which attraction parc would you advise me to go?
I dont have a massive budget, so would like to do maybe...2 of them?

Cheers

Mel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,609 times
Animal kingdom and universal studios.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:35 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,201 times
Universal and Islands of Adventure have good deals on ticket prices,so does Sea World and Busch Gardens in Tampa.The four Disney parks are not a great deal unless you buy tickets for a lot of days at the parks,for example,1 day at the park is like $75, 3 days is like $216 and 10 days is $239.Those prices are for days at the parks without park hopping or including their 2 waterparks,those options would be extra.Also if you want to buy the 10 days at Disney and don't want the tickets to expire,there's a no expiration option is also extra as the regular tickets expire in 14 days.Universal on the other hand has had tickets for a full week for both of their parks for $85,compare that to a 1 day Disney ticket which is like $75.There's also a pass called the Orlando Flex Ticket that gives you access to both Universal parks,Universal and Islands of Adventure,Sea World,Busch Gardens,Sea World's new waterpark Aquatica and Wet n Wild for like $260.I would say if you haven't done Disney you should as they are the main attraction in Orlando.The other parks are also great and some have bigger rollercoasters than you'll find at Disney.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
I think it depends on what you like to do. We went to Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens Tampa in May. My kids loved Aquatica and Busch Gardens the best. I am very fond of Sea World. I will tell you, that we live in Williamsburg, VA where the other Busch Gardens is located and I have to say that Busch Gardens Tampa is very different. There are way more animals than there are rides. We have also been to the four main Disney parks (not the water parks) and my kids loved Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
Good luck!

DVCGAL

Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 AM

11 posts, read 43,542 times
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom or get a 5 day pass for all the disney parks ,probably work out cheaper that way because you have to go to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks , they are great .
Didn't really rate the Universal and Islands , we thought they were way to commercial ,several shops and kiosks between every ride trying to sell you stuff .

Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 AM

24 posts, read 44,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHNTRISH View Post
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom or get a 5 day pass for all the disney parks ,probably work out cheaper that way because you have to go to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks , they are great .
Didn't really rate the Universal and Islands , we thought they were way to commercial ,several shops and kiosks between every ride trying to sell you stuff .
Agree with RichnTrish on this one ~ a multi park pass works out a lot cheaper than visiting single parks and paying at the Gate.
Magic Kingdom, if its your first visit, is a must as THAT is what disney is all about, and animal Kingdom is fantastic too. I wasnt so keen on Epcot, although know of others who think its brilliant, so its all a matter of personal preferences, and to be honest, no matter where you go whilst in Orlando, you wont be disappointed ~ everything is great and you can almost drift back to being a child yourself again, I can remember our first time like it was yesterday,and those memories are with you for your lifetime.
sea world is my all time favourite, but then I love dolphins so could have spent all day just watching them swimming and playing and showing off.
this year we are going to Aquatica as its new and must try it out, and we are going swimming with the Dolphins too, so cant wait till August gets here.
Whatever you do, wherever you decide to go, you will have a fab time ~ Guaranteed!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 AM

43 posts, read 180,518 times
Sea World is expanding, last I checked. If you have kids, Disney seems like a sure bet. If not, I'd still recommend Disney for its overall value.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 AM

8 posts, read 19,728 times
Default parks

I think that here in Florida we have the best attraction parks ever

Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melatrip View Post
Hi guys,

I will be in Florida next summer, which attraction parc would you advise me to go?
I dont have a massive budget, so would like to do maybe...2 of them?

Cheers

Mel

Ok before I answer...
How long will you be here?
What is the age group of everybody?
What are your interests?

Go to the websites for all the parks and decide from there. All prices are listed....pssst...then go to AAA and compare the prices.

Here's my 2cnts...

For younger people 9 and up I would suggest Universal/Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld and Wet-n-Wild
Any younger it's Disney and SeaWorld.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
The water parks are the cheapest. Disney has Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach which are great. Sea World has Aquatica which is brand new I think Wet N Wild sucks and isnt worth the time of day.
As to Parks if you are bringing young ones then you will be stuck to Magic Kingdom as no one else caters to the under 12 crowd better. I like Animal Knigdom. MGM has 2 good rides and isnt worth the admission. If its just grown ups then Universal is the choice. IOA I think is the more entertaining of the 2. They have the new Simpsons ride in Studios but plan on an hour line.
SeaWorld is ok but not my fav. Busch Gardens in Tampa is ok . Discovery cove is really nice but a budget buster.
Summary
for economy..... Typhoon Lagoon and Islands of adventure
if you can go to more then add Animal Kingdom and Aquatica and the dual pass at Universal. The beach in Cocoa is free
Keep in mind you are traveling a distance, paying for air and hotel... bring enough to have fun. Don't go back home with a list of "should ofs"

Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando