Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:31 PM

13 posts, read 28,317 times

Advertisements

Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM

291 posts, read 1,203,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randb6757 View Post
Huh?
LOL...that's exactly what I was going to post

Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 PM

558 posts, read 1,834,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
I think Greenville SC is the prettiest I've seen though.
I think downtown San Antonio, Texas (the river walk, Alamo) is the prettiest I've ever seen The Official Website for The San Antonio River Walk! (http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/photos/index.asp - broken link) , San Antonio River Walk & The Alamo pictures from texas photos on webshots .

Lakeland, Florida would be my second choice for prettiest downtown. downtown Lakeland,Florida pictures and videos on Webshots

Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I think downtown San Antonio, Texas (the river walk, Alamo) is the prettiest I've ever seen The Official Website for The San Antonio River Walk! (http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/photos/index.asp - broken link) , San Antonio River Walk & The Alamo pictures from texas photos on webshots .

Lakeland, Florida would be my second choice for prettiest downtown. downtown Lakeland,Florida pictures and videos on Webshots
The only downtown in Florida with a respectable skyline is Miami.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:08 PM

4 posts, read 9,257 times
Default Orlando is very Pretty

I live in Park Lake/Highland neighborhood and I have quite a few complaints on Orlando but when it comes to being clean and pretty I can't say anything bad. So many nice parks, streets, trees, nature, lakes and roads.

I have lived in many cities Atlanta, Augusta Ga, Grand Rapids, San Francisco, Berkeley, Miami, Charleston and seen many many more in the US. I'm a big nature fan being trees, birds, clean air etc.. and I can think of only a few cities that are on par.

Charleston, SC ( Note: Much smaller in population )
Asheville, NC ( Much smaller also )
Boston, MA ( some parts are pretty )

I agree once you get outside of Downtown Orlando or Winter Park things are theme park ugly. If you stick to the downtown it's one of the prettiest I know of. I hope people will make an effort to keep it that way. Don't cut down the trees, don't make huge road everywhere. Keep the lakes clean and promote people to walk more.

--Matt

Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I think any medium sized city who takes on the incredible growth imposed upon it from a multitude of the world's biggest theme parks and resorts ..........and still managed to maintain it's gentle beauty and unique identity, has to be commended. Not every city could have pulled it off as gracefully.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:14 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc&lola View Post
I believe that Orlando translates to beautiful, no?
Bonita is beautiful in Spanish, not Orlando.

Orlando is supposedly named after Orlando Reeves, a soldier who settled in the area.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:08 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
There are definetly other cities that have much more charm, but Orlando (well parts of it) are very beautiful. We've been (were) looking at hotels for sale around the country in areas that a tourist would never go to (Buffalo, Akron, Alexandria, Bakersfield, St. Joseph, Dunkirk, just to name a few of them) and it really gives a sense of appreciation for Orlando. It's green, the streets are landscaped, the buildings are new, the houses are cheerful looking etc. While it may not be the most interesting city nor charming city, it can still be called beautiful in my opinion.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:33 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
I think Orlando is more of an oversized town than a city.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I think Orlando is more of an oversized town than a city.
I think of Orlando a a big suburb with no large major city to support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando