Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM

47 posts, read 182,991 times

Advertisements

What does everyone think of living in the Davenport area for a couple of years and then renting it out? We will be moving to the Orlando area by July of this year and I really like the homes in the Davenport community because of all the ammenities they offer for the price. We are ok with living in an "ever-changing neigbors" community knowing that we will eventually move out and rent it. What do you think? Can we survive Davenport???
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 12:03 PM

56 posts, read 253,738 times
The davenport area was one time nice .However in the past couple of years it s biggest builder Bowen family homes has built so many low quailty homes while exploiting so many migrante workers to build the homes .That the area has become a haven for many mexican gangs like sur ,ms13 and, neta .Bowen has contributed largley to this because as the migrants come here to work for them they must settle in the area also.I suggest that you tour many of the backraods before you decide .you will find 3rd world slums .and it crazy because as bowen builds the home s for upperincome people they bring so many low income migrantes to the area.When you tour look for the gang signs ms ,13 and sur .Stay away from Bowen and davenport

Old 01-24-2007, 03:24 PM

47 posts, read 182,991 times
Thanks for the info! Anyone else feel differently?

Old 01-24-2007, 03:33 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,369 times
Although I can't recall ever going through Davenport, I have spoken to quite a few British and Irish people who have vacation places there. They buy them to enjoy during winter months or as investment rentals. Back when you could buy these houses for around $150,000, the Brits practically thought we were giving away houses, compared to what a comparable house would cost them in the UK. Construction is somwhat shoddy as I've heard some of them complain about this.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:48 PM

here is what wikipedia says about davenport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davenport%2C_Florida

one bowen neighboorhood is built strictly for sales to a vaction firm that rents them by the week to brits .its name is sandhill right off sr27.the quailty is super low and even the firm that buys them know it but nobody carses because they are renting them to people from britan for 1400 per week ,they look great but will not last.if you cross from sr27 to 17-92 the road just east of it you will find a mexican flea market and the very large area of davenport that knowbody wats to aknowldege exists.it funny because bowen homes is donating 5 acres to the community for a new police dept to be built on ,but if bowen wasnt importing so many crimnals they might not need to build it.below is a link that will help you id the gang signs that you will encounter.and keep in mind that these gangs have been identified by the goverment as ones far more dangerous thatn the old american gangs bloods/crips and these mexican gangs help bring jihadists into the country
click on florida gangs and scroll through

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/gangs/index.html

a little about the ms gang very active in the area(thanks bowen)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

and the most active sur(ask your brit freinds to walk around sandhill and take a look in the portta potties and they WILL see these signs along with things like death to america and viva mexico)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sure%C3%B1os

Last edited by christa17; 01-24-2007 at 04:06 PM..

Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 PM

53 posts, read 278,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christa17 View Post
The davenport area was one time nice .However in the past couple of years it s biggest builder Bowen family homes has built so many low quailty homes while exploiting so many migrante workers to build the homes .That the area has become a haven for many mexican gangs like sur ,ms13 and, neta .Bowen has contributed largley to this because as the migrants come here to work for them they must settle in the area also.I suggest that you tour many of the backraods before you decide .you will find 3rd world slums .and it crazy because as bowen builds the home s for upperincome people they bring so many low income migrantes to the area.When you tour look for the gang signs ms ,13 and sur .Stay away from Bowen and davenport

I also heard that Bowen homes are the reason for the Greenhouse effects, and extended stay in a Bowen home may give you cancer.

Seriously though, I came to this forum looking for genuine answers to the living in Orlando. I get it, after your 12 posts your upset at Bowen Homes. I am sure there is a more underlying problem then "illegals" building your house. Get an attorney and seek legal advice instead of polluting everyone's thread about your shallow views.

No more thread hijack. Back on topic.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:42 AM

nope you are totally incorrect i invite you to look at the stats for davenport.You wil find a huge increase in the amount of gang involvment.and if you go onto the job sites you find what i said to be true.Builders like Bowen are pushing wages down while exploiting ilegals .damaging the local communitys.I would ask you to do your research and tell us why then the Bowen family home built For the phelps family(owners of bowen on lake cummings ) was built by another company all together but built to look like a bowen?They wont even live in there own homes.AS one Bowen feild super was quoted while standing in a Bowen home"Hell i dont feel safe in here right now"The underlying problem is the damage they do to our community.There project in davenport is built strictly for sale to vacation firms.and in there othere areas they have there own investmentbuyers to push up the prices.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 PM

53 posts, read 278,338 times
Please dont ever become a crime analyst because I still can't see how you can attribute a homebuilder to rising crime rates.

Again your posts are nothing but you having a grudge against the builder. Your problems are more deep rooted then what you are posting.

Get an attorney and quit hijacking these threads.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:46 AM

if a builder brings in illegal labor to build its homes,and the illegal labor brings with it crimnals whom commit crimes.Then YES the builder is responsible for bringing crime to the area.You may not be able to add 2+2 ,but CBPE does,and they are now investigating Bowen for this .Another resource that was able to make the corilation was the lakeland ledger who is doing an article on it.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,712 times
I live Near Davenport and have never seen the Gang Signs...also i live near Haines City and there are alot of the Migrant workers from Mexico.. also never seen any gang signs...I do think Davenport is over run with "vacation" homes...but it is still a nice area...i have a friend that lives in one to the older communities in Davenport and she has no problem ....
Shoot we have gangs in Poinciana...there are gangs in Orlando, gangs in Lake wales...There is Jeuvinile Detention center in Interscion City ( close to Davenport) 95% of the population are gang memebers...as One Wise Person once said.." we can not live in FEAR, of anyone but our maker..Because if we Fear the Terrorist they have won"... and believe it or not we have American terrorists that are killing there own fellow americans over stupid stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando