Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntersville Boomer View Post
Jack-- You can actually get a 2 bedroom 2 bath for $49k. At that price you can redo it the way you want. My brother bought there, redid kitchen and bath, put in new energy efficient A/C, etc., still a good value. And he doesn't have any bug problems, there is a big difference between the way an apartment complex takes care of things and a condo association. The developer who did the conversion funded all of the required reserves so if something is wrong they have the $ to fix it, this is very important.
I have to agree with you. My daughter doesn't have any complaints, nor does she have a bug problem. The landlord did just replace the A/C unit though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM

482 posts, read 2,418,542 times
I have a retirement house in Guntersville AL. that I will move to full time after end of this year. I am in apartment in Kissimmee after selling my house there in August. I have watched the prices at this complex thinking I might buy one but my brother has a condo in Costa Rica too and he retires next May so I made a deal with him I will rent his place at Regency for January to March and he can go to Costa Rica, then I don't have all the costs for 12 months like most snow birds (although I am hoping we will have little snow in Guntersville!), but I do love Central Florida too so I get the best of both worlds.....but if things don't work as planned, I will consider buying in Regency too.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:27 PM

I asked my daughter some questions today. She said it's very quiet and peaceful in there. No, the walls are not paper thin and you can't hear anybody. She's on the 3rd floor and likes it. You get the nice breeze off the lake. The only thing she doesn't like is carrying groceries up. LOL

Old 10-14-2009, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,579 times
Does anyone know who the management company contact is so I can inquire with some questions.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmassey View Post
Does anyone know who the management company contact is so I can inquire with some questions.
There is no management company. They are privately owned. You can look on Craigslist to find some.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,579 times
They are privately owned but there has to be a management company that you pay your monthly HOA dues to that takes care of all the exterior property maintenance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando