Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,042 times

Advertisements

Hi, there~

I am flying in for a conference this coming weekend and am hoping to find some recommendations on places to drive to within proximity (up to 2 hours one way) to Orlando (beaches, hip towns, etc.). The conference doesn't start until Monday, so I'm hoping to do some day driving on Sat. and Sun. to check out Florida. I might take a drive to Tampa/St. Pete's to check out the Dali and Holocaust museums, but am wondering what the east coast has to offer.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandamw View Post
Hi, there~

I am flying in for a conference this coming weekend and am hoping to find some recommendations on places to drive to within proximity (up to 2 hours one way) to Orlando (beaches, hip towns, etc.). The conference doesn't start until Monday, so I'm hoping to do some day driving on Sat. and Sun. to check out Florida. I might take a drive to Tampa/St. Pete's to check out the Dali and Holocaust museums, but am wondering what the east coast has to offer.

Thanks in advance!
If your into history, St Augustine is pretty cool. It's got a beach too!
Funky little fishing villages....Cedar Key or Tarpon Springs.

Tarpon Springs is where they bring in the sponges. All suggested have great websites.

enjoy.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:03 PM

67 posts, read 266,874 times
I think there is a shuttle launch on Friday night.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggergolf3 View Post
I think there is a shuttle launch on Friday night.
Ok...nothing is cooler than that! I might wander over there myself!

Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,042 times
Unfortunately, I'm not heading into town until Saturday morning. I was going to head to the launch originally when it was scheduled for 11/16, but dang it, they rescheduled it! Hopefully, next time I can see it!

St. Augustine sounds amazing though! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thank you for the recommendations!

I should also mention, I'm a Seattle native, so the real million dollar question is: Does good coffee live in Orlando?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandamw View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not heading into town until Saturday morning. I was going to head to the launch originally when it was scheduled for 11/16, but dang it, they rescheduled it! Hopefully, next time I can see it!

St. Augustine sounds amazing though! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thank you for the recommendations!

I should also mention, I'm a Seattle native, so the real million dollar question is: Does good coffee live in Orlando?
Well unlike Seattle, we don't have coffee houses on every corner but you will find a Starbucks or Java Hut. I'm not a coffee drinker so I'll have to leave those recommendations to the coffee experts.

Enjoy your stay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando