Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 12:29 AM

442 posts, read 1,578,967 times

Advertisements

So I couldn't help noticing all the posts here on City-Data related to Orlando's biggest media frenzy.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at everyone's judgment, criticism, and name calling..but somehow I find myself disappointed in the amount of cynicism, yet still laughing at how society has not changed since the days of the Puritans.

So a little girl out of Orange County, FL has gone missing. So.......so what???

Do you realize how many children, not only in Orange County, but in the entire state are missing at this very moment? Perhaps you've seen their faces posted at the rest stops on the interstate or your local Wal-Mart. Do you hear about those cases? Do you ever hear such a rise out of the media and your fellow citizens over the human slavery, trafficking, and prostitution that many children are subdued to every day in FLORIDA and the UNITED STATES of AMERICA? I don't see anyone making posts about that, but it's funny that the television screens have given such a great population enough superficial evidence fused with self-righteousness to want to put Casey Anthony to death.

I don't believe this woman is a "sociopath" as so many have named her here on the boards. If you look at her in the courtroom she is obviously very upset and emotionally torn. If you're addicted to real-life murder mystery TV shows like I am, then you've probably seen for yourself how "sociopaths" decline to show any emotion at all in the courtroom, they are extremely apathetic and carry themselves as if their official sentencing was just another monotonous routine.

You don't know this woman. Not a single thing about her or her situation. She hasn't said a single word..since when is that grounds for placing judgment on anyone? It is not your place to judge this woman..her judgment day will come when a higher being will deliver her destiny.

Now...go visit your near-by rest area and take a look at those children's posters...those are the one's who are forgotten and who's cases receive significantly less attention; and sadly, less hope of being found.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM

442 posts, read 1,578,967 times
Also...it is not unusual for authorities to "pin" a "suspect" (aka, potentially innocent person) when they become frustrated with the inability to find the actual culprit.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: