Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM

176 posts, read 510,659 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
So heres my question I am moveing to the Orlando area Altamonte Springs to be exact in July and I need to know hows the job market there? Im in the medical admin feild im a college grad and my husband is in the customer service feild. Right now we live in Maine and the market up here is practicly non existent . I know every where is haveing a hard economic time but I really want to prepare myself and know what im up against before I get there. Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 08:11 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy_bogue View Post
im a college grad\
Really?

Anyway, there are still plenty of jobs in those particular fields, although times in general are tight here as well.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:41 PM

I mean is whats the best feild in that area and how does the pay rate and how hard is it to find a job.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
The best and brightest are getting hired. In other words those with great communication skills. All I can say is that I hope your cover letter and resume are prepared with more care than your postings on these boards.

I would not come to Florida without a job lined up unless you have at least six months living expenses in the bank--on top of your security deposit or housing downpayment and closing costs.

Jobs here typically pay somewhat less than along the I-95 corridor in the northeast, although I think it's probably fair to guess that they pay similar to what you might make in much of Maine. Customer service is a dime a dozen around here, and your husband will be lucky to make $9/hour.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 AM

Wow im so tired of the negative people on here I didnt post to be critisized I posted to ask a question an get actual feedback. Not critisized on my grammer on a thread give me a break thanks for the rude remarks!!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 PM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times
I would suggest posting this on the Orlando board. You may bet a better response.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 PM

106 posts, read 454,315 times
Quote:
Wow im so tired of the negative people on here I didnt post to be critisized I posted to ask a question an get actual feedback. Not critisized on my grammer on a thread give me a break thanks for the rude remarks!!
I hear ya...the ratio of negative people on here is like 2 to 1. Its easier for people to verbally attack and criticize someone they don't see in person. People rip on the person and not what the person has to say....

Old 03-26-2009, 05:49 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:

I've just learned to ignore the unnecessary rudeness of some posters....

I wish I could tell you that jobs are plentiful but I can't. My brother's been out or work for going on 4 months and not even getting nibbles on his applications.
More people are being laid off every day.
There are lots of good hospitals in the Orlando area and plenty of doctor's offices.

I wish you good luck.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:02 PM

10 posts, read 37,530 times
really? does a college grad have to write with perfection when on a board? what a dumbass response that was.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:27 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Is there any jobs for English teachers in Maine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando