Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:10 PM

93 posts, read 646,066 times

Advertisements

WDW is definitely worth it!! Especially Magic Kingdom. My family of 5 easily did/saw almost everything in a day and a half, some things twice. Take advantage of the Fastpasses and go early and you'll be fine. Also ask for rider switch passes if you have little ones that aren't big enough to ride the big rides. They will give you a special Fastpass to skip the line when the second parent and other children want to ride.
Park hoppers, in my opinion, are not worth the money. There is sooo much to do in each park, I never saw the need to park hop.
I have never been to Universal, but I can say MK really is the best place on earth! The other Disney parks are great fun also, but just typical theme parks IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 06:22 PM

173 posts, read 939,383 times
So I guess the question is:

How many parks is enough for 3 FULL days in Disney?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:31 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
I think that in three days you can see all 4 parks. You should devote a full day to Magic Kingdom and Epcot a piece, then Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios can be split up to visit both in one day. They are close to each other and Animal Kingdom closes earliest of the 4 parks, so you could go to AK until you are ready then Hollywood Studios for the second half of the day, closing out the evening with Fantasmic.
Also, if you love thrill rides Islands of Adventure is great. I think Universal Studios is a little bit of a letdown with a few exceptions like the Mummy. SeaWorld is fun too but I think it is toward the bottom of the list priority wise unless you really like animals!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 AM

196 posts, read 817,889 times
I would spend my time in WDW rather than Universal...

Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood studios are a must....not so keen on animal kingdom...you and your son will love the water parks! I would recommend leaving Universal for another trip ( I am sure you'll be back!)

Food...A lot of choices, having dinner in the parks is also a great experience with a lot choice especially at the world showcase in Epcot, Downtown Disney is also great!

Avoid the Disney Death March!! this is after all a vacation, take it easy and enjoy!

Do the 3 theme and 2 water parks and maybe some time by the pool in your resort...I am sure you will be back soon

Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM

258 posts, read 812,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnew2nc View Post
As for rides, I am not into big roller coasters neither is my son. But he LOVES LOVES LOVES water. Right now I have 2 UNLIMITED passes to Universal Studio's and IOA for the entire 5 days. Now I have to decide if I want to go to get WDW or Wet and Wild tickets.

Instead of Wet & Wild, I'd suggest checking out Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, both are part of Disney and they are much better and cleaner.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanalk View Post
Food...A lot of choices, having dinner in the parks is also a great experience with a lot choice especially at the world showcase in Epcot, Downtown Disney is also great!

Agreed. You will have no trouble finding great food at Disney. Even the fast food type places are delicious let alone the actual restaraunts!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM

37 posts, read 127,423 times
My favorite Disney Park is AnimalKingdom. I have onlybeen in the winter though so the animals (and you and your son) might be too hot to visit. I would not recomend park hoppers. For all of the $ you spend, a lot of time will be used up going from park to park. Whatever you decide, you will have such a blast!

Old 04-23-2009, 11:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygirls0_2 View Post
My favorite Disney Park is Animal Kingdom. I have only been in the winter though so the animals (and you and your son) might be too hot to visit.
During the warmer months, arrive at opening time and hit the safari ride first thing - the animals tend to be more active and visible than in the heat of the afternoon.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamangirl View Post
I personally would rather spend my money at Disney- you just feel so much more appreciated.
You must not be a passholder as Disney doesn't offer the AP discounts we get at Universal. Disney doesn't even offer park discounts on food or merchandise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice View Post
Instead of Wet & Wild, I'd suggest checking out Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, both are part of Disney and they are much better and cleaner.
Actually...Aquatica is MUCH better than either BB or TL...have you been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntHombre View Post
I don't know if this will be considered a "link to a competitor's site" per the TOC, but I'd suggest doing a bit of research at The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin. You'll find loads of information there.
In case anyone wants to come over to the DIS, my user name is Metro West and I usually hang out on the Universal boards. Feel free to say hello once you register.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
You must not be a passholder as Disney doesn't offer the AP discounts we get at Universal.
What's an "AP discount"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando