Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 AM

14 posts, read 68,940 times

Advertisements

My son moved to Orlando (from NY) about 3 years ago to the "Summitt @ Metrowest" apartments. They looked nice from the outside and gated. Well - everytime I am there -- there is NO ONE at the gate. My son said that someone was shot down the road from him .. there have been break ins and it is getting a little seedy. I would definitely avoid that area. He does live on the "good side" but apparently it is getting worse. Definitely avoid the Walmart down the road !

He just bought a condo in Audubon Villas in Hunters Creek. I would stick to that area if I was you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 AM

717 posts, read 2,808,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwadell View Post
I'm looking at Camden Hunters Creek, The Parks, or The Cottages..... for my son. He will be going to UTI on Taft Vineland. Any other suggestions or comments?
Any of them are fine. The Parks and The Cottages are literally right across the street from each other. The main street off of John Young Parkway is where you turn into both of them. The Cottages and Camden are both gated. The Cottages has the most in the way of amenities. The Parks and The Cottages sit on the south side of 417 and Camden sits immediately north of 417. Parks & Cottages are very very walkable to shopping, dining, etc. Camden is also--just a little bit further walk.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 AM

7 posts, read 24,704 times
I'm looking at the Cottages also... for my son who will be a student at UTI... everything I've read so far seems great... just expensive!

Old 06-11-2009, 12:02 AM

717 posts, read 2,808,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwadell View Post
I'm looking at the Cottages also... for my son who will be a student at UTI... everything I've read so far seems great... just expensive!
Hunter's Creek is a bit more expensive than the areas surrounding us--and more expensive than metrowest--however, it is a nice, safe area and offers everything you need. It is like its own little city. You have everything you really need and this is actually an area that you could live without a car if you worked right here.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,168 times
to the girl who moved into bala sands, how is the safety? i have a flashyish car, looks nicer than it really is but draws attention so the garages were very endearing. i've heard awful things about metrowest though. so i wanted to see what a first hand opinion would be. thanks =) =)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 AM

53 posts, read 128,608 times
My mother is moving from the Boston area to Orlando. She was originally looking in the Metrowest area, but based on a lot of what she's/we've read, she's shifting the focus to Hunter's Creek. Anyone have any recommendations of complexes, specific areas, life there in general? Safety is very important, as is affordability (but she is coming from Mass. where pricing is much higher anyway), attractiveness, amenities, location, etc. She just turned 60. ANY info on the Hunter's Creek area would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:15 AM

14 posts, read 68,940 times
Default Hunter's Creek

My son just bought a condo in Hunters Creek. He was living in Metro West and paying $825 per month for a small one bedroom and now he pays the same but owns a 2 bedroom condo on the golf course.

Safety was a concern in Metrowest. I always thought it didn't look too bad however my son would always tell me about the crime and problems and how it was getting worse there.

I absolutely love Hunters Creek. Everything looks so new. There is a target, home depot, kohls, pier I, amongst other store and restaurants along with a nice town park within minutes. Very safe area.

In addition - although you are about 15 minutes from Disney - you don't feel like you are when you live in Hunters Creek. It is a small little town of it's own. No hotels / no touristy restaurants. Dr Phillips /Sand Lake area is another area that has upscale restaurants and is about 15 or so minutes from here.

Another perk - Hunters Creek is very close to the airport without actually feeling like you are. You don't really hear the noise of the airport but you are about 10-15 minutes from there.

As I mentioned above - it is actually a great time to purchase a condo - so many foreclosures. $250,000 condos are going for $60,000 now. If she is interested in purchasing a condo - please let me know and I will email you a GREAT realtor. She really took the time to help my son even though she made very LITTLE (because of the price of the condo). She hung in there and didn't rush him into anything.

hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando