Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM

33 posts, read 203,187 times

Advertisements

what beach less than 2 hours driving from orlando do you recommend?
preferably with full of people swimming, sun bathing, etc..

i dont want to drive all the way to miami though.

my hotel is near sea world.

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM

33 posts, read 203,187 times
okay i did my research online.. it seems cocoa beach is where i'll go..

SIDNEY FISCHER PARK
Located in the 2100 block of State Road A1A

any comments?

Last edited by Elijah2009; 07-21-2009 at 10:16 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 AM

385 posts, read 1,403,754 times
If you wanted to go to the Gulf of Mexico, I highly recommend:

St. Pete Beach Access Park

4700 Gulf Blvd.,
St. Petersburg Beach, FL 33706

It's just about two hours from Orlando, don't know if that's in your driving radius or not. Awesome beach.

-Harry

Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Cocoa Beach is closer, but in my opinion Indian Rocks Beach on the Gulf is worth the trip. I prefer the Gulf for the warmer water and less sharks near the public beaches.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM

631 posts, read 2,452,135 times
The National Seashore in Titusville is by far the best "close" beach...miles and miles of untouched natural beauty with wildlife and beautiful shores. The west coast has some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Florida. For white sand, clear blue waters and that tropical feel, I suggest Anna Maria Island ( The Official Guide to Anna Maria Island) or Treasure Island on the Gulf Coast ( Treasure Island Florida Tourist and Visitor Guide ).

Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 AM

258 posts, read 812,335 times
Closest beach is Cocoa Beach (Atlantic side).... but the best in my opinion is Clearwater (gulf side). It's further though... definitely worth it... white sand, clear water (like the name). Cocoa's sand is black.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,055,460 times
Go west coast if you can...much clearer, prettier beaches by far!! Cocoa's sand is far from black, but it's nothing compared to any of the beaches on the west coast. Also the water on the east coast is dark unless you are in south florida. Also there are more sharks on the east coast, and since you can't see through the water, it can be unnerving unless you are blissfully ignorant on the subject (which most people are).

I have been to Indian Rocks Beach, St. Pete Beach, and Clearwater in the Tampa area. Of those three, Clearwater is the hands-down winner IMO. The beach itself is FAR larger than the other two I mentioned, but also more populated. Indian Rocks Beach and St. Pete Beach look exactly the same to me, and both have more seaweed on the beach. The water is the same on all three, perhaps a touch clearer at Indian Rocks. The only problem with Clearwater is that you have to drive through a few miles of street traffic. St. Pete beach, on the other hand, is right off the highway a little further south so a bit more highway, less traffic. Also St. Pete beach has easy parking right on the beach that you can use a credit card with. I didn't find it easy to park at Indian Rocks as I was driving around for a while before I just parked on the street.

If you want to drive a bit further, Siesta Key in Sarasota has been named a #1 beach in the US before, and is simply awesome.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
New symrna, gulf coast is too warm it isnt refreshing. Cocoa is too trashy. New symrna is great. Plus i like the sound of the crashing waves, its soothing while your laying out on the beach. You cant get that on the gulf coast. Also you can park on the beach in new symrna so its very convenient

Old 07-22-2009, 10:03 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah2009 View Post
what beach less than 2 hours driving from orlando do you recommend?
preferably with full of people swimming, sun bathing, etc..

i dont want to drive all the way to miami though.

my hotel is near sea world.

thanks,
Honestly dont bother with central Florida beaches. Head down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami Beach if you want to have action packed day at the Beach.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
New symrna is great. Plus i like the sound of the crashing waves, its soothing while your laying out on the beach.
The problem with New Symrna is the numerous shark attacks.

19 Shark Attacks in 2008 at New Smyrna Beach, Florida | surftherenow.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando