Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times

Advertisements

Having grown up in the Albany region and still having ties to it, I have to say that it's very similar to Orlando in so many ways. The greater Albany area and the greater Orlando area are similar in size, economic makeup, demographics, and quantity of things to do. The biggest difference is the weather.

Move with your eyes open and for the right reasons, or you'll quickly think of Orlando as "ugly" as well.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 AM

429 posts, read 1,105,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
I dont think its pessimistic its just the reality.
how do you figure? It may be reality in a place like Detroit which is in shambles, but come on man, go to other forums on this site.. no city is perfect, you may have a rough time, but there are just as many if not more who love it. Heck, i've lived in the NYC metro area my whole life as of now.. I like it, don't love it, or hate it, but know people who love and hate it..

Its not reality if you are not in the majority...
heck just yesterday I was on the Miami forum cause some job prospects came up there for me, and my fiance is from there and you have the SAME THING, some love it..some hate it.
Its preference and opinion, NOT reality

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 AM

398 posts, read 729,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
how do you figure? It may be reality in a place like Detroit which is in shambles, but come on man, go to other forums on this site.. no city is perfect, you may have a rough time, but there are just as many if not more who love it. Heck, i've lived in the NYC metro area my whole life as of now.. I like it, don't love it, or hate it, but know people who love and hate it..

Its not reality if you are not in the majority...
heck just yesterday I was on the Miami forum cause some job prospects came up there for me, and my fiance is from there and you have the SAME THING, some love it..some hate it.
Its preference and opinion, NOT reality
How can facts about crime, education, economy, wages etc be an opinion.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
How can facts about crime, education, economy, wages etc be an opinion.
how can others read those same facts, live in similar areas and like it?

Its opinion, get off the high horse man, seriously. I've said it MANY MANY times, I love this forum, its a great resource for info about a place you may not be familiar with, but aside from opinions about restaurants and things of that nature, people need to take things with a grain of salt and do their own research. Many will say that Orlando is the best ever cause they love disney world, and they are delusional as well, but to act that you are right and its reality because you said so is silly man. Again, I know that FACTS about that are there, but many people love it and live a very comfortable life and get a fine education

Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
how can others read those same facts, live in similar areas and like it?

Its opinion, get off the high horse man, seriously. I've said it MANY MANY times, I love this forum, its a great resource for info about a place you may not be familiar with, but aside from opinions about restaurants and things of that nature, people need to take things with a grain of salt and do their own research. Many will say that Orlando is the best ever cause they love disney world, and they are delusional as well, but to act that you are right and its reality because you said so is silly man. Again, I know that FACTS about that are there, but many people love it and live a very comfortable life and get a fine education
I love this forum and I agree its a great source of information, but becasue if this ppl have to know the good and BAD and well you like it or not Orlando has its share of BAD.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I love this forum and I agree its a great source of information, but becasue if this ppl have to know the good and BAD and well you like it or not Orlando has its share of BAD.
As does pretty much everywhere.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
umm..exactly! So how does saying "its not pessimism its reality" give the good and the bad? To me thats pretty one sided, which was what I was calling out.

thanks for helping my point

Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
umm..exactly! So how does saying "its not pessimism its reality" give the good and the bad? To me thats pretty one sided, which was what I was calling out.

thanks for helping my point
Let me remind you what the original quote was:

Originally Posted by DailyJournalist
I have not met one person where I live that would ever consider living in low wage Orlando.

The FACT is that Orlando has low wages, so the statement was not pessimistic, its a REALITY.

Not sure what your point is

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,921 times
Okay, so Orlando has only low wages?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Let me remind you what the original quote was:

Originally Posted by DailyJournalist
I have not met one person where I live that would ever consider living in low wage Orlando.

The FACT is that Orlando has low wages, so the statement was not pessimistic, its a REALITY.

Not sure what your point is

The FACT is that many of the people making low wages don't have the skills to earn a higher wage--regardless of where they go. The FACT is that the majority of people in the greater Orlando area are making a very comfortable living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando