Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:53 AM

976 posts, read 1,112,978 times

Advertisements

^^^ Ok, ok. I know Raliegh pretty well, but not Clayton. There is a poster here who lives in LAke Mary that's trying to move there... cant think of her name at the moment...

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,713,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
^^^ Ok, ok. I know Raliegh pretty well, but not Clayton. There is a poster here who lives in LAke Mary that's trying to move there... cant think of her name at the moment...

I think that would be BeckyCat

Old 09-22-2009, 11:03 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,713,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
They could actually learn how to design a city to provide its residents with a sense of community and pride by having museums and other attractions that do not include a roller coaster in some kiddie theme park. What they have created is a suburban sprawl wasteland that revolves around a theme park.

Will High Gas Prices Kill Suburban Sprawl? : Sustainablog
Yeah, big cities have a sense if community and pride....I fear for my life every time I went into Philly at night or Camden...I carried my gun with me for protection. With all those tall concrete buildings, and stinking garbage dumpsters, and alleyways, the criminal element was everywhere - even in the decent parts of the city.

Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Personally, I hate cities. I hate concrete buildings. I could care less about museums....for the most part, they are smelly and old. I would rather drive an hour or two to visit occasionally rather than live near them. I hate panhandlers. I hate traffic. I hate streetlights at every block. I hate gridlock. I hate driving in a grid. Seriously, I pretty much hate all there is going on in a major city.

I prefer the openness of suburbia. The fresh air, the sunshine not being blocked out by skyscrapers. I LIKE driving AWAY from my workplace for lunch. I don't club hop, I don't museum hop. I don't do 'shows'. I do outdoors. I camp. I swim and go tubing. I do photography. I telescope. I hang out with my kid and family, and yes that includes theme parks. We did them up north and we will do them here as well. Can you see how YOUR version of living does not jive with mine?

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it wrong for everyone else. The SUBURB I moved from had a GREAT sense of community and pride, as does the one I moved TO

It's a personal preference. I prefer suburbia - with all it's sprawl - thank you very much!

Last edited by doggiebus; 09-22-2009 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Personal Attack

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^WOW!!!!!!! How crazy is this now? I just heard a helicopter over our subdivision as I was writing the above message. I looked outside and it was a Orange County Sheriff's helicopter. How strange is that since I was just talking about helicopters in our area (Waterford Lakes/Avalon Pk)???????????????

Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
Quote:
The Avalon Park/Waterford Lakes city bird appears to be a helicopter.
That's funny...and sad at the same time. Why a nice area like that has crime I don't know.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,569,337 times
Quote:
You know you're in Orlando when...

The Avalon Park/Waterford Lakes city bird appears to be a helicopter.
I used to live in Waterford Chase and the Orange County helicopter was a daily occurrence. I wonder why they can not stop the crime in a middle class neighborhood?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Getting back on topic:

You know you are in Orlando when the city museum has a big plastic orange tree in the middle of it.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,152,331 times
Quote:
Getting back on topic:

You know you are in Orlando when the city museum has a big plastic orange tree in the middle of it.
Or fake alligators inside

Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I used to live in Waterford Chase and the Orange County helicopter was a daily occurrence. I wonder why they can not stop the crime in a middle class neighborhood?

Waterford Chase is a few miles from me... it is is problem area it seems. Lots of break ins, cars stolen, etc...

Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Waterford Chase is a few miles from me... it is is problem area it seems. Lots of break ins, cars stolen, etc...
Thats why my auto insurance was so expensive in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando