Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:43 PM

124 posts, read 700,454 times

Advertisements

Hi to all,

I'm trying to decide which week will be the less crowded to visit Disney for next year. Which week is generally the crowdest: the Tuesday-Friday following Labor Day or the Tuesday-Friday following Columbus Day? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest what number will you rate the crowds during both weeks?

Someone mentioned to me that some southern schools get out a week for fall break during the week of the Columbus Holiday in October...is this true?

I was thinking that the weather in October will be more pleasant than in September. However, I prefer to to visit when the crowds are low. Also, if you know of any additional weeks throughout the fall where the crowds are low, please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
No Florida schools that I'm aware of get out for a week over Columbus Day.

Epcot is busy over Columbus Day with Food & Wine.

It's my experience that Labor Day itself is a very slow day at Disney. The rest of the weekend has moderate crowds.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 AM

316 posts, read 1,037,126 times
Agreed Labor Day and that following week are slow. Sometime before we moved down here, we did a trip to Disney -- Labor Day weekend through the following weekend. The Contemporary was easy to reserve, they 'upped' us to a kick butt room, and we had to wait no where for anything.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Is there anyone that could tell me about the crowds this week at Disney? Also, how is the weather in Orlando now?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Cooling down, Sunday was pretty typical for this time of the year. Epcot is fairly crowded because of Food and Wine, the others are moderate.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,219 times
Sunday at the Magic Kingdom was a nightmare. It really is getting ridiculous how they say over and over attendance is down but then I go Sunday and was just as crowded (and hot) as a Weekend in July August. I have had a Season Pass for over 10 years and I see it get worse and worse every year.

The funny thing is Epcot was not nearly as crowded. I have been to the International Food and Wine festival 4 times so far this season and Sunday was oddly very slow.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Sunday at the Magic Kingdom was a nightmare. It really is getting ridiculous how they say over and over attendance is down but then I go Sunday and was just as crowded (and hot) as a Weekend in July August. I have had a Season Pass for over 10 years and I see it get worse and worse every year.

The funny thing is Epcot was not nearly as crowded. I have been to the International Food and Wine festival 4 times so far this season and Sunday was oddly very slow.
Thanks!

Since you have a Season Pass, what months are the less crowdest at Disney? What have been your experiences with crowds during various months.

I know to avoid all school holiday breaks and the summer. I've been to Disney before, but it seems like trying to find a time when the crowds are low is wishful thinking on my part.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:21 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,219 times
Typically (and this could change overnight as things in Orlando seem to do..) October, November (except the week of Thanksgiving), the first 2 weeks of December, all of January and February and the first half or March are great for going. Can be cold at times, but worth it. Sadly right around Spring Break it just implodes and keeps busy until the following end of September.

However I am also "tainted" in the fact I have been so many times I will put up with very little..lol... So for someone new to Disney it might not be bad... I can promise you that April through August can be a nightmare. The pass is worth it though, just for the Food and Wine Festival on it's own!

Old 09-24-2014, 10:27 PM

32 posts, read 123,485 times
hi i went to disney world in jan of 2008 the place was jammed packed big time

Old 09-25-2014, 10:29 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Typically (and this could change overnight as things in Orlando seem to do..) October, November (except the week of Thanksgiving), the first 2 weeks of December, all of January and February and the first half or March are great for going. Can be cold at times, but worth it. Sadly right around Spring Break it just implodes and keeps busy until the following end of September.

However I am also "tainted" in the fact I have been so many times I will put up with very little..lol... So for someone new to Disney it might not be bad... I can promise you that April through August can be a nightmare. The pass is worth it though, just for the Food and Wine Festival on it's own!
I agree with your dates and found that Oct and Nov b/4 Thanksgiving) is good. Jan-march (avoiding spring break) is good too. It is so pleasant to be there when it is cooler and less crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando