Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 PM

13 posts, read 28,287 times

Advertisements

Omg I have just been doing a bit of research and have decided my Travel agent is ripping me off big time! (Im in Australia by the way) We are doing a big trip in May to the states and she has given me the prices we will have to pay for Disneyworld. Get ready for this.......$1395 for 2adults and 2 children!! I can get these tickets on line for well under $1000. Then she gave me a price for 3 nights accomodation in Orlando for $1292. Once again I have checked this out and I can get 3 nights accom for approx $500AUD. Why is it they want to charge me an arm and a leg??? Can anyone suggest any other websites I might be able to get on to look up accom and tickets for Disneyworld. I dont want to stay in a dive but we do only need a bed. Somewhere safe maybe. Cheers guys.

LOL still laughing about those outrageous prices!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 06:22 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Order the park tickets directly from Walt Disney World Resort. If you want a Disney hotel, you can make reservations there too.

If you are looking to stay offsite, you can pretty much pick a hotel chain and it is here.

You can also go to the following websites.

www.expedia.com
Hotwire.com: Discount airfare, hotel reservations, car rentals, vacation packages and cruises
hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.®
travel.yahoo.com

etcetera...

Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 PM

237 posts, read 1,059,578 times
Before I moved to Florida, I used to buy my Disney tickets from undercovertourist.com Typically, there are only small discounts available for legitimate Disney tickets. If you're looking for 3 day tickets, then the savings is minimal. It's almost better to just wait til you get to the parks to buy it. This way, you're flexible in case your plans change or you find you're not going as many days as you planned. Disney will adjust your ticket price if you keep your used ticket and decide to upgrade within 14 days. Can't downgrade though, if you decide you bought too many days.

Check out hotel prices on hotelkingdom.com They have lots of different types of accommadations. I haven't used them in a while, but their prices are decent and it's a good place to compare prices with what the travel agent is offering you.

You could suffer through a timeshare tour to get cheaper tickets, but if you've got limited time, it's just not worth it.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
Order the park tickets directly from Walt Disney World Resort. If you want a Disney hotel, you can make reservations there too.

If you are looking to stay offsite, you can pretty much pick a hotel chain and it is here.

You can also go to the following websites.

www.expedia.com
Hotwire.com: Discount airfare, hotel reservations, car rentals, vacation packages and cruises
hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.®
travel.yahoo.com

etcetera...

Thanks heaps for that. Every little bit of info I get is going to help. The parks are so dear. Dreamworld here is only like $60 a day. But Im pretty sure disney S#*#s on our theme park.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarboo View Post
Before I moved to Florida, I used to buy my Disney tickets from undercovertourist.com Typically, there are only small discounts available for legitimate Disney tickets. If you're looking for 3 day tickets, then the savings is minimal. It's almost better to just wait til you get to the parks to buy it. This way, you're flexible in case your plans change or you find you're not going as many days as you planned. Disney will adjust your ticket price if you keep your used ticket and decide to upgrade within 14 days. Can't downgrade though, if you decide you bought too many days.

Check out hotel prices on hotelkingdom.com They have lots of different types of accommadations. I haven't used them in a while, but their prices are decent and it's a good place to compare prices with what the travel agent is offering you.

You could suffer through a timeshare tour to get cheaper tickets, but if you've got limited time, it's just not worth it.
Thanks! I didnt realise you could buy the tickets from the gate. That works out so much easier. Like you said our plans may change. I cant beleive how accomodating you guys are. Its really nice to know that there are still people out there that are willing to give that little bit of help. I have never left the country so this all very daunting and scary for myself and family. I just want to be prepared. Your a legend!!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 PM

388 posts, read 856,091 times
For hotels try Hotwire! Its cheap!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:05 PM

11 posts, read 28,511 times
If your going to spend your time at WDW then stay at WDW. It costs a little more but they have great transportation thats free and will get you anywhere you want to go in the parks. Also they offer free transportation from airport(MCO) if you stay in WDW resort. Go to www.disneyworld.com for all the info and rates and whatever discounts they are offering. There is enough to do at Disney that you could spend a week there easy. Depending on when you are going they also have free dining packages if you stay at resort and buy tickets to park for length of stay. If you can put it together you won't even need to rent a car. But if you need a car for a couple days to explore florida you could rent one after you get there, its no problem just ask people at hotel they will give you all info you need. I recommend staying at disney everything is quality and you feel the magic 24/7. No looking for parking or driving back to hotel after long day in a park, just get on an air conditioned bus and your back at your resort.

If you are going to visit the florida area in general, beaches, universal studios, sea world, wet and wild and WDW then you can stay off site rent a car and find your own deal on internet. Economy is down so with little effort you can find great deals on Hotels or resorts near disney world. Just check there ratings and comments from people that have stayed before.

Last thing is that the area is use to people coming from all over the world and WDW is totally set up for this, you won't have any communication issue being from "down under" that some tourist have. You will feel right at home here in USA

Old 10-12-2009, 05:41 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Also...go to Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor You will find a wealth of information over there.

I rely heavily on this site when I'm visiting someplace for the 1st time.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:40 PM

22 posts, read 55,392 times
To be honest all travel agents rip people of a bit. We have been to WDW in Florida and Disneyland California. Our Florida hol cost us €1100 each, travel agent quoted €2400 for the same (and we tried a few). We paid €1200 each for California, another couple who were going aswell went with the travels agents and paid €2700 each! Not only that we were on a better flight. We had wider leather seat, more leg room, 3 meals and an entertainment system each with only one stop/transfer. They had a much small plane with one TV screen for a few rows with only 1 movie shown, 1 meal and snack and 2 stops/transfers.
Internet is always the best option. There will be a theme park company that sell the tickets a bit cheaper than what Disney charge. But Disney do offer deals on tickets when you stay in there hotel. We are lucky here, there are special Disney and Universal tickets/park packages available only to UK and Ireland because so many go to Florida. You can't even get them in the parks when you get to US.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
If you can get the Passporter book (it's a travel guide to Disneyworld) that is a real help to plan your trip. I really like it and it has folders in there for park tickets, it has restaurant and hotel guides...things not to miss, it has guides for what days will be busier at which parks, etc. It's a great book to have. Lots of valuable info. Here is the website (you may be able to get it in a local bookstore there tho as well)

PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2009 Order Center

Also, on this website, click on the 'community' tab. There is a whole forum where you can talk and ask questions about your Disney trip and there are tons of folks to help you out there as well.

We also used this travel planner to help us...their services are free

Small World Vacations - Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Small World Vacations Small World Vacations, Inc. - Walt Disney World Vacation, Disneyland Packages, Disney Cruise Line Vacations and Adventures by Disney!

They MAY only be available in the USA but it can't hurt to find out. She made all our dining reservations, and hotel and told us info we needed to know, etc. FREE! And I double checked against sale prices, etc...she did indeed give us the best prices that I could find on my own.....so....I had no issues.

And lastly,

MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts

helps to find all those special sales on just about everything for your vacation to Disney!

Hope you find all of this as useful as I did when we went! (of course...now we live here! lol!! yay!.....haven't been to the parks yet tho!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: