Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 AM

146 posts, read 444,135 times

Advertisements

Just wondering.....how is the movie/TV production in Orlando. I know in the late 90's it was really good. Sadly, it appears more directors/movie companies are choosing SoCal over central florida.

What are some movies/TV shows being made in central florida now?
Any comedy tv series?

Do you think the tv/movie indusrty will pick up in Flordia? I hope so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,146,876 times
I know a lot of Teen movies are still made in the area like Sydney White (2007), Final Destination 3D (2009), etc. I think New Orleans wins in the SE in regards to movies being filmed.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
I realize this is related to movie production and not TV production (as the thread requests), but it's related...

Back when Universal Studios opened in the early 90's, Spielberg himself was quoted as saying he'd never make a movie in Central FL because of the traffic (reportedly more specifically said as "the traffic on I-4"). This was by hearsay from friends who were/are in the movie business. Take it for what it's worth.

I remember, as a kid, all this talk about how Orlando was going to steal the movie thunder from Hollywood back when Universal opened. It was weird...truly propaganda hype spread by the owners of Universal.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 AM

146 posts, read 444,135 times
Default too bad

I hope the tv/film making industry comes back to central florida. I think its a good fit. I hear all the time how people in L.A. and N.Y. are getting tired of all the movie stuff......traffic blocked off, etc. Central flordia certainly has the studios and facilities for it.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
Studios are one thing...but I think the FL afternoon weather has a lot to do with it too. try setting up all that equipment only to have it hammered by an afternoon squall! I have a friend in the film industry who works down in Miami. they do a lot down there, but only because it's Miami. They'll put up with the weather only because that's where the movie people want to be (a LOT of music videos). Last I looked, there aren't too many celebrities demanding to be in Orlando. I guess what I'm saying is that there's not much reason to "put up with" Orlando as a movie town. Southern CA on teh other hand, has little weather to deal with.

Of course, if you're talking about things that only need indoor shooting, I guess Orlando is as good as anywhere else.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:08 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Recent movies filmed here were Sydney White (they filmed part of it at my school during school hours so we got to see amanda bynes and the cast, that was cool), Final Destination 3D, Bring it on, Never Back Down, The Waterboy (not that recent) etc. As for TV shows Nickelodeon came back to universal orlando this past year to record another season of GUTS, but it was called My Family's Got GUTS. Also FSN and Sun Sports use the studios in Universal Orlando. Other than that there isn't much going on.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,686 times
I believe a couple of infomercials were filmed @ Universal.(while I worked there in '07-08). They also filmed TNA wrestling there, FWIW.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Yea I've also heard that a lot of commercials get filmed in Universal Orlando's studios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando