Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM

8 posts, read 39,596 times

Advertisements

What can you guys tell me about the Longwood area? Is it busy or really rural?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
A better part of Orlando is FAR more desirable than any place in Osceola County.

It really depends on what type of monthly housing expense you are willing and able to pay.

Why are you focusing on those three areas when there are a lot of much better areas around here?
I love that someone who has consistently told people to look at Hunter's Creek then turns around and tells someone else that nowhere in Osceola is worth looking at. Care to explain?

Old 04-09-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briellabella View Post
This is pretty off topic, maybe you should start a new thread or search through old ones for a relevant thread?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I love that someone who has consistently told people to look at Hunter's Creek then turns around and tells someone else that nowhere in Osceola is worth looking at. Care to explain?

Read again. A BETTER part of Orlando...

And actually, I've only suggested Hunters Creek once or twice and under specific circumstances. It wouldn't normally make my short list of areas.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briellabella View Post
Longwood is surburban, but due to its age and tree cover it is quieter and more rural feeling than a newer suburban area like Lake Mary, Altamonte, Waterford or SW Orlando. It is very well established but you would probably encounter busier areas when you go out dining or shopping because Altamonte especially is nearby and very congested and busy. Longwood is much more peaceful in general.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Read again. A BETTER part of Orlando...

And actually, I've only suggested Hunters Creek once or twice and under specific circumstances. It wouldn't normally make my short list of areas.
Which doesn't answer the question. I don't get to Osceola county myself very often and have never been to Hunter's Creek before. From all the people on here suggesting it I assumed it was quite nice. Now I'm not so sure. Considering there's only really one place in Orlando I'd even put at decent and not a single place in Orlando I'd actually consider living in...

What in your opinion is the better part of Orlando? And why is it better than Hunter's Creek

Last edited by EndersDrift; 04-09-2010 at 07:04 AM..

Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Which doesn't answer the question. I don't get to Osceola county myself very often and have never been to Hunter's Creek before. From all the people on here suggesting it I assumed it was quite nice. Now I'm not so sure. Considering there's only really one place in Orlando I'd even put at decent and not a single place in Orlando I'd actually consider living in...

What in your opinion is the better part of Orlando? And why is it better than Hunter's Creek
It depends on what your needs are. Kids? Nightlife? There is no single stock answer, although in my opnion, there isn't anyplace I'd live in Osceola County--and that includes Celebration and Solivita, each for their own reasons.

Better parts of Orlando would be Belle Isle, the area up around the Orlando Science Center, some of College Park, some of Colonialtown, Thornton Park and the Lake Eola area, some of the area around Lake Lucerne, the list goes on.

By the way, Hunter's Creek is in Orange County.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Those places are a bit of a commute. You might look at something closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando