Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 05:36 PM

80 posts, read 205,068 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are young (24 and 27), we don't have any children. He is active duty military for only a short while longer. We know we like Altamonte Springs. Family is there, etc...We're thinking about a 4 bedroom, 2+ bath, shooting for atleast 1800 sq. ft. We've always rented or lived in military housing. We'd be getting a home loan...both of us would be working..I am new to all of this, but I keep hearing "now is the time to buy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Prices have really gone down. I think it would be a good investment b/c things will definately go up. Also, you have the first time home buyers credit that is good till April 30th.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 PM

33 posts, read 93,210 times
As long as you don't plan on moving any time soon (and I mean within the next 8-10 years) go for it.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Since most homes in Altamonte are older construction you should be able to find something in that size with a decent yard fairly easily.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:37 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times
As an agent my best reason to buy is the interest rate it will be going up, when who knows but that will affect your monthly payments making them higher.

You know of the first time buyer credit so I won't go there but I will give my input on getting the buyer to help with closing cost. I just helped a young family get their first using a VA loan, we ask for and got $10,000 from the bank on an REO for closing cost but the VA limited this to a much lower number. Now I understand having skin in the game but on some properties the seller Fannie Mae doesn't pay certain taxes and knowing this I ask for higher closing cost. The VA disapproved the higher number and cut it down, this puts an undue burden on the VET and they need to review this.

Are prices at their lowest or will they go lower, that is the question on everyone’s mind, and currently we are seeing stabilization.

Altamonte Springs offers first time buyers a good array of homes, I'm seeing and helping many young families purchase in the area.

Hope this helps,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando