Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM

31 posts, read 302,580 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the helpful information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,780 times
i have a contact at massey! feel free to pm me! they're great, and saved our home from carpenter ants, we were infested when we moved into our new home, and we had "another company" for 3 months who didn't get rid of them!!! i was devestated, and the house was INFESTED with them. the seller didn't disclose the problem. massey came in, within 3 days, GONE. I've used them ever since for quartely pest control

Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,489 times
If you have a new house and the so called "bond" from day one then the company can't claim old damage. This also ( depending on companies)transfers to the new owner if you sell. As for "water intrusion" , if it is not noted on any yearly inspection the company does then you may be okay in that area. As for the inspection itself - it's a joke!! A 3 yr old can do it and I doubt that the little tap with the rubber hammer can determine damage unless the wall is ready to fall in. A quick look in the attic and you're good to go. LOL

Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 AM

49 posts, read 224,265 times
Default Home Team Pest Defense

We use them for three years now and they are very reliable. Really good service. Great company.
Good Luck.

Simone

Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,208 times
Great information it helped me understand better how pest companies work and the difference between hiring a company and treating your house yourself. What type of products do you use to treat for bugs yourself? Can I pick these up at say Home Depot or Lowes or is there a store that specializes in these products? Are there different products for inside and outside or can you just spray the perimeter inside and out? thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 AM

10 posts, read 37,543 times
I beg to differ with the post by Prichard. It does NOT take a long time and there is no "urban myth" about it. I've personally seen termites do an extraordinary amount of damage in a short time. I have seen termites do allot of work on a three foot 2x4 stud overnight. I have seen houses that are still under construction being damaged by termites. I've also seen fairly new homes actually condemned by termite damage...more than once. Do yourself a favor and renew your bond. Your homeowners insurance does not cover termite damage. For as little as one month's electric bill or less, you can usually get a $1,000,000 warranty on your home with a qualified inspector to look at it every year. There are some national companies with a bad reputation for trying to get out of paying claims, but this is not usually the case. On another note, if you are concerned with having pesticides in your home and around your food, your clothing, where you eat, sleep and breathe I would definately not recommend you do it yourself with $3.00 worth of smelly mix bought at a hardware store. Many pest problems are actually exasperated by using the wrong material. Good Pest Companies have become very good at "green" service and know exactly what to do and where to do it. You get what you pay for and you should leave it to the experts. Also use common sense: Are you going to worry about second hand cigerette smoke, then with little knowledge throw pesticides all over your house???

Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM

266 posts, read 1,162,050 times
Petealan...what pest control company do you work for?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 PM

13 posts, read 81,784 times
I like what Roby said........It is difficult to know who to hire. Big company=big guarantees but large employee turnover. Small guys can go out of buisness.S what do you do when you need someone? I have a few tips that may help.

Nothing to sell,Just info.

Choosing a company | PestCemetery.com (http://pestcemetery.com/?cat=13 - broken link)

PS....Thank God someone else mentioned the 'bond' thing.......No such animal.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,282 times
Default Poole and Fuller hands Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWilliams View Post
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good pest control company in the Orlando area?We'll be living in Clermont specifically. We're looking for a reliable company to do both indoor and outdoor pest control on a regular basis. We were considering Orkin but maybe there are some local companies that are better?

Thanks!
After several attempts with other services, I would only recommend Poole and Fuller for pest control. They are actually trained in horticulture so they are the most trustworthy. [mod]no links with less than 10 posts[/mod]

Last edited by Granny Sue; 10-19-2010 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: removed link

Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I have Massey for my lawn, I'm not thrilled and I think they are expensive for the service I'm getting. Finding a new provider is on my list.

HomeTeam is FABULOUS for the house. I've had the same guy for four years, so it's nice to not have a different stranger each month. He does a great job and always asks if there are any concerns, tells me what he's done, and the couple times I've had to call them in between normal service they've been extremely responsive and have arrived either that day or the next depending on the situation. They are the only original provider (mowing, pest, fertilizer, etc.) that I've kept since I bought this house in 2004, and I don't see that changing in the forseeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando