Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 10:38 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,198 times

Advertisements

Are there any youtube videos from reviewers on these cars? I dont see how I can form an opinion without some people givine real reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 10:58 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,250,098 times

Doug DeMuro standing behind a Dream Edition.
I assume he will be reviewing it shortly.
His reviews are very detailed and you can count on him getting very excited.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:21 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post

Doug DeMuro standing behind a Dream Edition.
I assume he will be reviewing it shortly.
His reviews are very detailed and you can count on him getting very excited.
DeMuro is one of the better reviewers for sure and him standing behind the Lucid Air does mean he will review it soon; I am interested in his take on it. The premium version of the Air is too expensive for all but the very wealthy at $150K+ so I'm more interested in a review of the lesser priced versions when they become available.

To me it seems the Air is more a competitor of the Mercedes EQS and Porsche Taycan so I'm interested how it compares to these cars.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:49 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,546,940 times
MotorTrend has a few videos on the Air now. If we weren't living the minivan life right now, I'd be tempted to pick one up.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:01 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,198 times
I look forward to seeing a real youtube reviewer taking it for a spin. I just found one video from a few months ago of a motertrend guy with the Lucid CEO. I wonder how much experience with the car these people had before naming it the car of the year. Is Motortrend reputable?

I find myself watching all the videos from Carwow, he is one of my favorites.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:57 PM

I'd wait a little while.
At this point Lucid Airs are very exclusive.

I'm really waiting for a Air Touring vs. Model S LR comparo.
That's where the prices match up. But not really because Lucid has tax credits and Tesla doesn't.
Has the serious competition finally arrived? Could there be a rude awakening for Brand T? Stay tuned!!

Old 12-03-2021, 05:09 AM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times
Very impressive fundamentals. Motor Trend has named the Air their Car of the Year. Not an Everyman car, the new Air sedan is priced like a Porsche. But advanced aerodynamics, electric motors, battery pack and charging system give the sleek, big sedan unprecedented range (520mi) and charging rate (300mi in 20 mins) - besting the Porsche Taycan and the Air has significantly more power too. Sandy Munro had kind words to say about their engineering team. Lucid joins Rivian and Tesla as new EV makers that are built as technology companies and launched out of California.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/luci...r-of-the-year/

Old 12-06-2021, 01:37 AM

10,438 posts, read 6,969,439 times
I've been following lucid since they were rumored to go public. Basically the Lucid Air is designed by the same guy who designed the Model S (Elon says differently though), and at least on paper its a better car than the Model S in most ways. Lucid's range is longer than Teslas also.

The part to me which is going to be most interesting, is how well they are manufactured. I haven't seen any reports on their quality but I'm assuming it wont be great being its a new company. Tesla has been around for nearly 17 years and still doesn't have the best manufacturing either, so it shouldn't knock them off the horse too far.

I watched the motortrend video, but wasn't too impressed with the guy reviewing it. Doug Demuro usually does good reviews, and is really focused on 'quirks and features' and real life rather than track speed so his review will really push or hold back the brand.

Either way, at this point its a rich man's toy and if I had the money, I'd probably buy one for the novelty of it.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The part to me which is going to be most interesting, is how well they are manufactured.
The first thing of note is that it is the first North American purpose built EV factory. No tents!!
All manufacturing is clustered together... batteries, drive units, inverters, Wunderboxes, cars.

Because the facilility is purpose built, its size can be aligned with production.
They can add space as production increases. 400K is the number they're talking about. There's plenty of land.

Quote:
Either way, at this point its a rich man's toy and if I had the money, I'd probably buy one for the novelty of it.
I don't expect them to ever be anything but a luxury brand. They'll probably sell something closer to $50K down the road.
But they are openly talking about selling technology to volume brands, so you may see Lucid components elsewhere.
I would think their small but mighty drive units would be of great interest to others.

Last edited by eaton53; 12-06-2021 at 06:20 PM..

Old 12-08-2021, 06:45 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,319,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Seems like a brilliant car with nice styling, excellent interior, incredible performance, top EV range. But I think they need to offer an SUV

They have an SUV coming out, called the Gravity:

https://cdn.carbuzz.com/gallery-imag...600/751689.jpg

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/y0...-to-see-it.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands