Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
I have always found them to be an innovative company. Owned both a Samurai and a Vitara. They made, and still make a wide variety of cars for different markets. They are big sellers in other countries. The small SX hatch model they had here before they exited is still seen on US roads today. Their parting message was, "America does not need Suzuki, and Suzuki does not need America". Doubtful they'll return with cars to this market
To be fair, by the end they were just importing and rebadging Daewoos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 AM

1,465 posts, read 1,081,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
To be fair, by the end they were just importing and rebadging Daewoos.
Probably were too busy in Latin American, Anzac, and Asian markets. Also very popular in India too given their collaboration with Mahindra there.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Sidekick got a lot of negative publicity

Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Sidekick got a lot of negative publicity
We put Sidekick motors in our Samauri. Sidekicks were cheap,bought just for motor and PS unit. The Swift had a double overhead cam for a even better conversion. They were fast, owners raced them in teams. Suzuski had a long history in the Us. I owned a 75 model, pre Samauri 2 cycle .

Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Probably were too busy in Latin American, Anzac, and Asian markets. Also very popular in India too given their collaboration with Mahindra there.
Right, but the fact that they were importing Daewoo junk is probably a big part of why Americans have a negative image of Suzuki cars.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 PM

1,465 posts, read 1,081,962 times
Quote:
Right, but the fact that they were importing Daewoo junk is probably a big part of why Americans have a negative image of Suzuki cars.
Don't think that was the reason. It all followed the faulty consumer report article years before that. No other country had the problem with the Samurai!

Old 11-09-2018, 10:16 AM

929 posts, read 2,722,039 times
Default Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
A few months back, while out car shopping for my son, we came across a 2012 Suzuki SX4 crossover. Under 30K miles, like new, under $ 10k . He loved it. I called the local dealer who use to be a new Suzuki auto dealer. The service manager gave me his approval, he says they can get parts and still has a Suzuki Master Tech on staff.
My son has put on a few thousand miles and so far , so good.
Just an update, our new -to- us SX4 is working like a charm.
I actually drove my son's SX4 for a week when my new car was in the shop.
I enjoyed driving it. It drives and rides MUCH better than my wife's 08 Toyota RAV4.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:34 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,186,339 times
I bought an SX4 for the wife about a year ago. Not a bad car, but I'm not a fan of CVT's and the visibility is terrible. Fuel tank is too small, also.

I'll be checking out the AWD hopefully in the snow soon. The weather is not cooperating.

Suzuki motorcycles are awesome. Owned many for a very long time.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:50 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:

Quote:
Don't think that was the reason. It all followed the faulty consumer report article years before that. No other country had the problem with the Samurai!
Suzuki makes and sells cars all over the world. Quality cars and trucks.

They did have a joint venture and made vehicles in Canada with General motors. Somehow that collapsed.

Then Suzuki just imported Korean junk. No North American cars. No Japanese cars. Just Suzuki Korean made cars. That is what killed them.

Of course poor dealer network. Lack of advertising. Didn't help.

As stated in another post - view the car the Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill drives on the TV show. Better Call Saul.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:07 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Suzuki makes and sells cars all over the world. Quality cars and trucks.

They did have a joint venture and made vehicles in Canada with General motors. Somehow that collapsed.

Then Suzuki just imported Korean junk. No North American cars. No Japanese cars. Just Suzuki Korean made cars. That is what killed them.

Of course poor dealer network. Lack of advertising. Didn't help.

As stated in another post - view the car the Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill drives on the TV show. Better Call Saul.
They now have a replacement for the Sammy. The New Jimmy. Perfect for the NA market. Over a million people expressed their want for this new Tintop. It’s a hit all around the world, except here....this might change, hope so soon !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands