Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 PM

1,955 posts, read 10,998,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Isuzu was in a much tougher spot then both Suzuki and Mitsubishi because their ENTIRE lineup was based on GM products.
True, although the Isuzu D-max, of which the Colorado was based on, actually debuted 2 years earlier in Thailand.

That said, Isuzu's own development has been historically slow, hence another "not a surprise". The once highly popular Rodeo was left to rot, and they even hold the distinction of the being the last one selling a carbureted vehicle in the US - the 1993 Isuzu Pickup. Even the lowly Yugo went EFI in 1990.

Quote:
Mitsubishi has at least decided to build some of its better selling vehicles in their current US plant (and drop 3 slower selling ones) and they have at least two products coming (the i an EV and the Colt) so there's at least some signs of life other then just their CEO's promise not to leave.
True - I can see Mitsubishi surviving. I'm not so sure about Suzuki. FWIW, Porsche sold more cars than Suzuki in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Too bad, they look like good little cars. Just bogus marketing. I did notice that last time I was in Florida a few years ago, many of the rental cars down there were suzukis.
A few years ago, they would've been Daewoo models rebadged as a Suzuki. They were not good cars by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,029,878 times
Against Suzuki? I just never saw any i am interested in. Their bikes sell very well.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,829,205 times
Also, forgot to mention, the reason the Kizashi is not very competitive in price is because it is built/assembled in Japan and the Japanese Yen is soaring whereas the dollar is floundering. The Japanese build most of the cars they sell here in the USA (particularly the lower profit margin, high volume models.)

Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 AM

113 posts, read 429,050 times
I bought an 2004 Suzuki Aerio SX new....no problems with it other than the shocks need to be replaced....which I've gotten estimates for and been told it would be around $2000 to do all 4 and alignment.....so I guess I'll deal with the bumpy loud ride till I buy another car.....but the engine has been very troublefree.....and gets about 32 MPG from my tracking....better than sticker on the window claimed.....so I'm happy!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,920,783 times
$2000 for 4 struts? You need a new mechanic. + struts last way longer then that..

Old 02-23-2011, 06:47 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,413,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narfcake View Post
FWIW, Porsche sold more cars than Suzuki in 2010.

For what it is worth, Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world, It made so much money that it tried to buy out its owner Volkswagan which would have been similar to a guppy swallowing a whale. (They didn't prevail and Volkswagon purchased the remaining portion of Porsche it didn't allready own.) Porsche also builds cars people want and desire. And just so you think that this isn't just a fun car to own, the Bosxter has been voted as the best built car in the world and the car having the least amount of problems. (2009)

Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,829,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
For what it is worth, Porsche is the most profitable car company in the world, It made so much money that it tried to buy out its owner Volkswagan which would have been similar to a guppy swallowing a whale.
There is more to that story then just Porsche having a lot of money in the back. Yes, Porsche is very profitable, but they really weren't in a financial position to buy Volkswagen without help from the government and a bunch of "Wall Street" style mumbo jumbo.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:31 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,452,713 times
What does their profitability have to do with a fact that a specialty car maker outsold someone who wants be a general car maker?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:47 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,349,008 times
My stepmom had a Samurai back in the eighties/early nineties. She LOVED that truck.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,413,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What does their profitability have to do with a fact that a specialty car maker outsold someone who wants be a general car maker?
I thought we were talking about Suzuki in this thread, hardly a general car maker. They are a niche market providor at best and not one that is selling many cars. Besides that people actually buy Porsche cars and SUV's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands