Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:37 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times

Advertisements

I just saw a rerun of Frasier yesterday in which he is mistaken for dead, and his obitaury runs in the Seattle newspaper. When he reads it, he is alarmed by his lack of achievement thus far in life and sets out to change it for the better. My question to you all is "Where do you see yourself in the year 2020?" If you're...ummm..."no Spring chicken," simply assume that you'll still be alive by that time for the sake of argument.

Here's my vision of myself in 2020, in which I'll be turning 34.

-Owner of Electric City Realty and Superior Financial Services (CPA)
-Owner of Either a Downtown Jazz Cafe or Bookstore
-City Councilman, Scranton
-Patron/Supporter of Scranton Cultural Center, NEPA Philharmonic
-Owner of Two Siberian Huskies---Sierra and Nikita
-Life Partner of One Desperate, Sorry (Yet Cute) Sap
-Father of Three Adopted Children
-Founder of "Scranton Goes Green," An Effort to Beautify The City
-Owner of Restored Victorian Home in Hyde Park Section of City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 05:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,800,290 times
Gosh , in 2020 I will 40 going on 41 years old.

I want to be somewhat well known in the entertainment industry. Not a hit record, but just somewhat on the radar. I want to be married to a beautiful woman who looks like Nicole Kidman. And just starting a family.

I want to live somwhere near Richmond but in the country on a horse farm. But close enough to city.

I'm 28 now, and I don't see myself settling down for quite awhile.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 PM

13,905 posts, read 3,379,511 times
I will be living somewhere in the country in the south and living a simple, quiet and peaceful life filled with love and happiness and just enough money to eat and stay warm.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
ill be 330 in dog years, hopefully retired!!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,769,985 times
OK, Thanks ALOT Paul! I will be 60!!!!!

Ok to start...I will be running out to my driveway at the start of every new morning to get the newspaper and see how Paul is making the news today

After that...I'm guessing I will be still working for the small family owned company that I work for now. My husband will hopefully have a job that is a little easier on him.

My kids will be 33 and 29 give or take a year...so I'm hoping they will be married or close to it and I'll be a grandma! They will hopefully be out of college, have good careers and they will be happily paying ALL their student loans as well as mine!

I will have a beautiful home somewhere...and it will have a built in pool. The 1923 T Bucket car that my husband is building will hopefully be done by then, and we will spend our weekends driving to car show to show it off.

If things go OK, and we stay reasonably healthy, we just might be the parent to an adopted child whom we will have made a dramatic difference in their life by adopting them before they are released into the world with no family. More children, in-laws and grandchildren!

I just recently read an article about 6 women who lost a large amount of weight...and they all run now. Well, that better be me soon! I'll be thinner, healthier, and I'll be walking or running and hopefully not leaving a trail of body parts behind me....

Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 PM

54 posts, read 191,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I just saw a rerun of Frasier yesterday in which he is mistaken for dead, and his obitaury runs in the Seattle newspaper. When he reads it, he is alarmed by his lack of achievement thus far in life and sets out to change it for the better. My question to you all is "Where do you see yourself in the year 2020?" If you're...ummm..."no Spring chicken," simply assume that you'll still be alive by that time for the sake of argument.

Here's my vision of myself in 2020, in which I'll be turning 34.

-Owner of Electric City Realty and Superior Financial Services (CPA)
-Owner of Either a Downtown Jazz Cafe or Bookstore
-City Councilman, Scranton
-Patron/Supporter of Scranton Cultural Center, NEPA Philharmonic
-Owner of Two Siberian Huskies---Sierra and Nikita
-Life Partner of One Desperate, Sorry (Yet Cute) Sap
-Father of Three Adopted Children
-Founder of "Scranton Goes Green," An Effort to Beautify The City
-Owner of Restored Victorian Home in Hyde Park Section of City
You want to do ALL of those things? Wow, I just wanted to get my medical degrees [open a clinic] and maybe spend a year in the Caribbean.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,293,413 times
I'll be 54,in the very least I'd just like to be healthy and happy and sane.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:22 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Lightbulb if we only knew then what we know now

Where Do You See Yourself in 2020? http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif (broken link)

First can you tell me for sure if this administration http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/butt.gif (broken link) will be around or not? Then I can give you a better answer.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:36 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Hopefully living in Tennessee near the Great Smokey Mountains or least out of Texas.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,759,234 times
I don't know the "where" will be, but wherever it is, I'll be happy and content and working on my "Home Sweet Home" cross stitch pillow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics