Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:13 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,336,251 times

Advertisements

Ok, folks, what's your feed back....
I realize, our world is getting smaller and smaller, and the traffic jams on the way home are worse and worse....however....people, drive me nuts...
you should hear me on the way home from work, which by the way, takes me 15 minutes longer, b/c I'm in work early...

1. Does it make you livid when people sit at the green light...what the heck could they be thinking or are they thinking at all? They are not aware or do they even care that people are sitting behind them waiting and they need to get thru that light to....how utterly rude of them, to sit there...on they're cell phones not paying attention or day dreaming...geeze louise, people wake up, your not the only person on that road, people have appointments to get to...People, wake the heck up, watch the light and get going so that other people can get thru, and you people behind that first person, do the same, and if that person in front of you isn't moving, lay the heck on the horn to wake them up....I mean, geeze...

2. Get off the darn cell phones while your driving...I cannot believe the women who insist they have entitlement to do that...make a call before you get in the car or pull over if you must talk on the phone....do us all a favor, please...yes, I've seen men on the cell phone...however, women and young people do it more....how dare you think you can drive and talk on the phone at the same time, and put everyone else's life in danger...it's not about you...Good God, I've had woman stop right in front of me...or cannot make a turn properly b/c she's steering with one hand...Gosh darn it...it seems everyone thinks they are above the law...or are entitled anymore, without any concern for anyone else....that is so dangerous!!!!! I wish there were cops out there and they'd fine people 500 buck for being on the cell phone while driving....I mean it, how dare they...or you! It's like people who say they can drive when they're drunk or stoned....give me a break.

3. OK, and this is only women whom I've had this problem with countless times....I'm at a 4 way stop or light...first in line, and the woman across from me, in the opposite direction is making a turn...I wave her on when the light turns green and what does she do...controlling you know what, she sits there, without any idea, or care, that there is traffic behind me waiting, but she waves back at me to go?????????? Then I wave again...and she waves again....GOOD GOD, what is wrong with you women out there, if someone is cutting you a break, do everyone a favor and GO...saves time and a lot of aggrivation, just b/c you way to controlling to care about anyone else....
by the way, I am a woman.

4. Old people....I realize, I really do...that older people tend to drive much slower but for God's sake, if you can't at least do the speed limit, get off the road...I'm on a 65 mile an hour highway and the person in front of me is doing 55 or less...I can't pass, cuz everyone else is whizzzing by me in the fast lane...people are coming up from behind fast in the slow lane, not realizing that I'm slowed down to 55 MPH or less...b/c of the person in front of me....Geeze if someone would hit me in the rear, those old people would just keep going, not realizing, they caused a very bad accident, or worse, maybe death???????

OK, I'll shut up now...

Whew, I feel much better, until, I'm once again on the road...

People....wake up out there, when your on the road driving, wake the heck up and drive defensively and with respect and concern for others....it's not just about you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,655,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ok, folks, what's your feed back....
I realize, our world is getting smaller and smaller, and the traffic jams on the way home are worse and worse....however....people, drive me nuts...
you should hear me on the way home from work, which by the way, takes me 15 minutes longer, b/c I'm in work early...

1. Does it make you livid when people sit at the green light...what the heck could they be thinking or are they thinking at all? They are not aware or do they even care that people are sitting behind them waiting and they need to get thru that light to....how utterly rude of them, to sit there...on they're cell phones not paying attention or day dreaming...geeze louise, people wake up, your not the only person on that road, people have appointments to get to...People, wake the heck up, watch the light and get going so that other people can get thru, and you people behind that first person, do the same, and if that person in front of you isn't moving, lay the heck on the horn to wake them up....I mean, geeze...

I have the exact complaint and it's at the top of my list too. When the light turns green, I take off and it literally takes the person in the lane next to me about an additional 30 - 40 seconds before they even start moving. The timing of lights in our area is such that if you don't get through these major intersections in a timely fashion, you don't get through at all. So, I agree!!!

2. Get off the darn cell phones while your driving...I cannot believe the women who insist they have entitlement to do that...make a call before you get in the car or pull over if you must talk on the phone....do us all a favor, please...yes, I've seen men on the cell phone...however, women and young people do it more....how dare you think you can drive and talk on the phone at the same time, and put everyone else's life in danger...it's not about you...Good God, I've had woman stop right in front of me...or cannot make a turn properly b/c she's steering with one hand...Gosh darn it...it seems everyone thinks they are above the law...or are entitled anymore, without any concern for anyone else....that is so dangerous!!!!! I wish there were cops out there and they'd fine people 500 buck for being on the cell phone while driving....I mean it, how dare they...or you! It's like people who say they can drive when they're drunk or stoned....give me a break.

This was tied for me in the #1 complaint spot. More and more I see people and it's like they are in their own world when they are on their cells, they don't obey traffic laws, they either slow way down, speed way up, don't stay in their lane. It's very true. You cannot possibly concentrate on excellent driving skills with ALL that is going on in the roadways AND have a full length conversation on your cell or worse, be texting. I almost had a woman t-bone me as she RAN the stop sign while she was talking on her cell phone - Thank GOD someone was paying attention (me). I rarely will take a call when I'm driving, if I do it's about a 20 second call. I never text when driving. With all the retarded drivers on the road, I need to pay extra close attention and I'm sure it's how I've avoided a lot of accidents by being so aware.

3. OK, and this is only women whom I've had this problem with countless times....I'm at a 4 way stop or light...first in line, and the woman across from me, in the opposite direction is making a turn...I wave her on when the light turns green and what does she do...controlling you know what, she sits there, without any idea, or care, that there is traffic behind me waiting, but she waves back at me to go?????????? Then I wave again...and she waves again....GOOD GOD, what is wrong with you women out there, if someone is cutting you a break, do everyone a favor and GO...saves time and a lot of aggrivation, just b/c you way to controlling to care about anyone else....

I'm a pretty good driver, been driving a long time and learned from men so my driving style is a little more assertive and I do believe that a LOT of women are timid drivers and yeah, I have the same complaint. If I wave you through, GO! LOL

4. Old people....I realize, I really do...that older people tend to drive much slower but for God's sake, if you can't at least do the speed limit, get off the road...I'm on a 65 mile an hour highway and the person in front of me is doing 55 or less...I can't pass, cuz everyone else is whizzzing by me in the fast lane...people are coming up from behind fast in the slow lane, not realizing that I'm slowed down to 55 MPH or less...b/c of the person in front of me....Geeze if someone would hit me in the rear, those old people would just keep going, not realizing, they caused a very bad accident, or worse, maybe death???????
OMG, on a weekly basis, I get stuck behind an old person in their brand new car (which has three times the horsepower of mine lol) and they do 20 miles BELOW the speed limit. If you can't handle the car and roads, don't drive! Please!!! ugh.... I do believe that once you reach lets say 65, you need to be tested every six months to check your driving skills. I think there needs to be mandatory test for older drivers to test their actual real time skills. And yes, I'd take the test but damn, by that age, I'm hoping to be driven around like Miss Daisy LOL

OK, I'll shut up now...

Whew, I feel much better, until, I'm once again on the road...

People....wake up out there, when your on the road driving, wake the heck up and drive defensively and with respect and concern for others....it's not just about you...
Thanks for this, I had a good laugh but completely agree. The roads are getting busier and busier, people are distracted, not paying attention, on their phones, texting, driving drunk, driving god-knows what other ways and it's a dangerous place to be so you have to be awake, alert and responsive and you can't do that when your motor skills have slowed down (older folks) and you can't do that when your attention is in your lap texting away....

Old 08-13-2010, 05:59 AM

19,569 posts, read 9,580,047 times
It's good to vent.
Relax. Repeat after me: I will not let the driving of others ruin my day.
Yeah. To a degree I can relate, but some of you guys ... it's a highway, not the Indy 500.

Pt 1 - I don't know why they're sitting at the light when it's clearly changed to green. Maybe they're waiting for a better shade of green? I know I've seen people beep the horn at the car in front when the light hasn't even quite changed to green from red. Ya wonder about those people too?

Pt 2 - If I see someone waving me I might go too but proceed cautiously. The last time someone did that (like you), I almost got hit from a vehicle going in a different direction and one that you could not possibly see from a different angle.

Pt 3 - Yes, some people do go real slow. Maybe too slow, but that's not any different than some people going real fast. Ten plus miles over the posted speed limit. I admit at times I go anywhere from 5 to maybe 10 over the posted but that depends on the location and trying to stay with the flow or get run over in the process. Must we be tailgated?

New point of contention - The majority of people that travel in the area that two lanes merge to one, they know this yet they're dogged about getting ahead, even to the point of passing on the right hand side. Once they get down to the front, they expect people to let them in? Uh, didn't you see that long line of cars in front of you? I guess the people that are already waiting in line have nothing better to do with their time? Oh, that's right, we forgot, you're much more important than the rest of us. ok..ahhh, I feel better now too.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:59 AM

36,634 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Quote:
there is an order to a 4 way that should be followed. If I pull up and it is not my turn to go and another driver waves me to go, I will just sit there and look at them. It messes everyone up when other drivers try to direct traffic against the "rules". If you do go out of turn because another driver waves you ahead and an accident occurs because of it, it would be your fault for going out of turn. I hate it when people try to wave me thru a stop. Why dont you just take your turn in the order of a 4 way stop.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:02 AM

36,634 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Quote:
New point of contention - The majority of people that travel in the area that two lanes merge to one, they know this yet they're dogged about getting ahead, even to the point of passing on the right hand side. Once they get down to the front, they expect people to let them in? Uh, didn't you see that long line of cars in front of you? I guess the people that are already waiting in line have nothing better to do with their time? Oh, that's right, we forgot, you're much more important than the rest of us. ok..ahhh, I feel better now too.
Thats my favorite. There is a particular spot on my way to work with a short merge. You would think it was a race to get ahead of the next car.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Thanks for this, I had a good laugh but completely agree. The roads are getting busier and busier, people are distracted, not paying attention, on their phones, texting, driving drunk, driving god-knows what other ways and it's a dangerous place to be so you have to be awake, alert and responsive and you can't do that when your motor skills have slowed down (older folks) and you can't do that when your attention is in your lap texting away....
Your very welcome...we were just talking about this, yesterday morning, and a friend of mine, is teaching his daughter how to drive...and suggested he discuss these issues with her...he said he already has, and said, "I can't tell you the women I've seen on the road who use they're cell phones?" He said, if one of them ever hit and hurt or worse anyone in his family, he wouldn't rest until they had to serve time in prison...he continued...there is no excuse for driving and talking on a cell phone" I agree

There are so many woman out there who own this sense of entitlement, like it's ok...??????

And yes, I believe that senior citizens should have to take a driving test more often...really, they are dangerous on the roads and shouldn't be there, if they can't at least do the speed limits....

Old 08-13-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
cat It's good to vent.
Relax. Repeat after me: I will not let the driving of others ruin my day.
Yeah. To a degree I can relate, but some of you guys ... it's a highway, not the Indy 500.
Hey there Cat...it's good to see ya....
OK, taking a deep breath....I will not let the driving of others ruin my day, I will not let the driving of others ruin my day, I will not let the driving of others ruin my day....
It's not working Cat.... how many times must I say this?

Quote:
Pt 1 - I don't know why they're sitting at the light when it's clearly changed to green. Maybe they're waiting for a better shade of green? I know I've seen people beep the horn at the car in front when the light hasn't even quite changed to green from red. Ya wonder about those people too?
Are there other colors of green....

Quote:
Pt 2 - If I see someone waving me I might go too but proceed cautiously. The last time someone did that (like you), I almost got hit from a vehicle going in a different direction and one that you could not possibly see from a different angle.
I wouldn't do that to you Cat, I love you....
God, I shouldn't have said that, now people will talk?

Quote:
Good point, kiddo, enjoy reading you and have missed you....
thanks for your input..
Creme

Old 08-13-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
there is an order to a 4 way that should be followed. If I pull up and it is not my turn to go and another driver waves me to go, I will just sit there and look at them. It messes everyone up when other drivers try to direct traffic against the "rules". If you do go out of turn because another driver waves you ahead and an accident occurs because of it, it would be your fault for going out of turn. I hate it when people try to wave me thru a stop. Why dont you just take your turn in the order of a 4 way stop.
If you are sitting at a 4 way stop 2 mares...and it's kinda almost a tie...and someone waves you on for you to turn, holding the traffic up behind them for you...are you still going to sit there and argue with them?

I mean, come on, be real? There is no one else at the stops, it is a 4 way stop, and there is no accident going to happen....are you still going to sit there are argue with the driver that is cutting you the break? Or at a light? There is no way an accident can happen unless someone runs the stop sign or runs a red light? If you are turning, and the oncoming traffic is like 20 cars, your never going to make the light, therefore, it would be in your best interest to take that person's good deed....

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Well, this is my dad. It's funny...he used to always speed like the devil. Now, he'll barely make it up to the speed limit. Drives me crazy. Plus, if he's going somewhere in an area he doesn't drive in often (he drove me and my sister to a funeral home a few weeks ago so I have just noticed this) he will get confused very easily. I have to make sure that I watch the road, already have it mapped out, and tell him every single lane change and upcoming turn. And he will deny that he needs this help until the cows come home.
He had to take me to a dr. appt. a couple of weeks ago and I swear if I could have driven myself, I would have. But he's my dad, and he was there for me, so I simply dealt with it. When he is driving around his own area though, he does fine.

My grandfather had his license taken away when he was 92 I think. It was hard on him. It has to be a huge blow to the soul to be told you are no longer capable of driving. But many people do reach this point, and for the safety of others, they need to be aware of when "enough is enough".

Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 AM

10,216 posts, read 17,916,151 times
1. Not really - it's annoying but I can't say it makes me "livid". It's really not the end of the world if it delays me a few second to a few minutes. I just give them a short beep and move on.

2. Yeah, that bothers me for safety reasons

3. It's awkward but it doesn't annoy me - it's sort of like when you're walking down the street and someone else is coming towards you so you step to the side but the other people steps the same way, so then you step the other way but the other person does at well!

4. I think everyone should have to retake the driving test once they reach a certain age - some elderly people should not still be driving, it's just not safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics