Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times

Advertisements

Not Child's Play: 'I Feel Like I Have a Real Baby' - ABC News
Reborn doll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just my opinion, but I find these people downright weird and creepy and anything else you can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
No 2 a.m. feedings. No colicky babies. No poop-filled diapers to change. No harm to the "baby" if you leave it unattended in a car. No childcare expenses or worries. Sounds to me like a harmless way to pour out unfulfilled maternal yearnings without any of the disadvantages or extra work.

I saw a segment on a TV show several months ago of a guy who had several life-sized, very realistic female dolls that he was "in love" with. He had names for all of them and even had a "favorite" among them, describing her (it) as a "fantastic kisser". Now THAT was creepy.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
No 2 a.m. feedings. No colicky babies. No poop-filled diapers to change. No harm to the "baby" if you leave it unattended in a car. No childcare expenses or worries. Sounds to me like a harmless way to pour out unfulfilled maternal yearnings without any of the disadvantages or extra work.

I saw a segment on a TV show several months ago of a guy who had several life-sized, very realistic female dolls that he was "in love" with. He had names for all of them and even had a "favorite" among them, describing her (it) as a "fantastic kisser". Now THAT was creepy.
Also, no teenage angst!

They seem to be well crafted so I can see buying them to add to or start a collection. Beyond that, uh no!

Did you read the "Orgasmic Birth" story on that link? Now that's strange. Not that I would ever pass one up but that's not where I want to have one. Too many people,not enough ear plugs. Lol

Old 10-21-2010, 09:52 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Also, no teenage angst!

They seem to be well crafted so I can see buying them to add to or start a collection. Beyond that, uh no!

Did you read the "Orgasmic Birth" story on that link? Now that's strange. Not that I would ever pass one up but that's not where I want to have one. Too many people,not enough ear plugs. Lol
Yes!! Never any "teenagers in the house dysfunction or angst"!!! Reason enough to stick to "play babies" instead of the real thing.

No, I didn't read the "Orgasmic Birth" story but I once saw it happen!! I was a very young, new RN, newlywed back in 1959--long before the days of blatant sexuality in the public arena--working as an OB nurse. This gal was on the Delivery Room table with her legs up in stirrups and getting close to delivery when all of a sudden it happened. No one said a word--they just stood there and watched. Maybe the others in the room had seen it before but I hadn't. Still I knew perfectly well what was happening. A few years later I read in some magazine for women that this does happen but at the time I thought it was some kind of weird aberration.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Yes!! Never any "teenagers in the house dysfunction or angst"!!! Reason enough to stick to "play babies" instead of the real thing.

No, I didn't read the "Orgasmic Birth" story but I once saw it happen!! I was a very young, new RN, newlywed back in 1959--long before the days of blatant sexuality in the public arena--working as an OB nurse. This gal was on the Delivery Room table with her legs up in stirrups and getting close to delivery when all of a sudden it happened. No one said a word--they just stood there and watched. Maybe the others in the room had seen it before but I hadn't. Still I knew perfectly well what was happening. A few years later I read in some magazine for women that this does happen but at the time I thought it was some kind of weird aberration.
Dang.....I never thought if THAT while going through labor.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Not Child's Play: 'I Feel Like I Have a Real Baby' - ABC News
Reborn doll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just my opinion, but I find these people downright weird and creepy and anything else you can think of.
It may be a little weird.....but I'm not sure I find it creepy. For some women, the love of holding and dressing a baby is probably something they miss or never got to experience. If the doll helps.....then I guess all is well. I think lots of people feel the same way about their pets.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Ick. Dolls creep me out. Babies aren't a whole lot better (sorry moms - humor please).

Old 10-22-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It may be a little weird.....but I'm not sure I find it creepy. For some women, the love of holding and dressing a baby is probably something they miss or never got to experience. If the doll helps.....then I guess all is well. I think lots of people feel the same way about their pets.
Play therapy for grown-ups.

Men have football,NASCAR,and golf.

Women have dolls they can dress and pretend with

Just like our childhood only now we get to go to bed when we want to. Interesting parallel.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ick. Dolls creep me out. Babies aren't a whole lot better (sorry moms - humor please).
Think of them as human larvae. Small,wiggly,usually damp and always hungry.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:38 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,422,619 times
These are a good idea. No noise, no smell, no wind, no sick, no pee or poo, don't demand attention, and don't grow up to be obnoxious children and teenagers. Good invention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics