Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:39 PM

987 posts, read 1,749,281 times

Advertisements

I was just curious on any imput. & true I am also asking for myself., I just moved, I just got the internet back after being unable to have it for a year (and couldn't piggyback....nah I wouldn't/couldn't do that)..., and over the years, Ive lost my friends to substance abuse, & so on (and so on).,...

Other than my husband, I'm going nuts & the town I live in, although I love its a small town, theres not really much to do, or I also feel I don't fit in, in many ways that I can't respond to.

Anything to throw at me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
I was just curious on any imput. & true I am also asking for myself., I just moved, I just got the internet back after being unable to have it for a year (and couldn't piggyback....nah I wouldn't/couldn't do that)..., and over the years, Ive lost my friends to substance abuse, & so on (and so on).,...

Other than my husband, I'm going nuts & the town I live in, although I love its a small town, theres not really much to do, or I also feel I don't fit in, in many ways that I can't respond to.

Anything to throw at me?
Find something that you're passionate about, and do volunteer work in that field. An animal shelter, a food bank, a community choir, a book club, a place of worship, an elementary school.....whatever turns your crank. You will find yourself with like-minded people, and that should help you form new friendships. Good luck to you, agnt.starling!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM

371 posts, read 598,408 times
Facebook. :|

Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Find something that you're passionate about, and do volunteer work in that field. An animal shelter, a food bank, a community choir, a book club, a place of worship, an elementary school.....whatever turns your crank. You will find yourself with like-minded people, and that should help you form new friendships. Good luck to you, agnt.starling!
Thanks PJ8, that sounds like a positive start....I was involved in the church, but got busy & sidetracked

I'll have to just go out there & just do it, even if just to keep busy

Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin96 View Post
Facebook. :|
I do have facebook, family & past friends from HS, but they all live too far, & lots of them married & busy (well so am I, but I still need have someone to talk to besides hubby, I'll go nuts!!)

and oh yea the single ones don't want to be around an old married lady
and the ones that do, well they want to treat me like their single friends & i just can't do that.....(bar hopping & all that jazz, i'm past my prime, health issues, and just plain boring)...lol & then not

but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless

Old 02-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,289,134 times
To me, things like facebook just kind of isolate people. Sure, you "chat" with folks, but never get out there, face to face.

IMO, PJ8's suggestion is right on. Get out there, get your face in front of people. Offer your services to a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter or an animal shelter, whatever you're passionate about. You'll be surprised at how good it makes you feel to help other people out, and you'll more than likely make friends with the other volunteers.

Hang in there, I know you'll find something that gets you out and about.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,437,082 times
I have met alot of gopod people through visiting at a senior center here in town.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM

148 posts, read 624,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post

Anything to throw at me?

You can always talk to yourself. This way you will have a constant company

Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 PM

72,450 posts, read 18,220,417 times
You are in San Bernardino Area. There are lots to do there,lots of activities,there is a Golf Course,learn to play golf and stuff,there is a very nice museum. You could work at the Museum. Lots of tourist attraction. I am sure you would find stuff to do.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is against the tos

I saw in the groups and organizations section,there is a Kiwanis of Yucaipa,I am with the Kiwanis,it keeps me very very busy and is really rewarding to help the community.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 05:57 AM..

Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,398,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie2015 View Post
You can always talk to yourself. This way you will have a constant company

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I think that just by asking the question about making friends is a good start. Try what others have suggested and get out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics