Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:20 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Someone stole my beer...
LOL.. Ah, so that was your beer! I thought somebody bought it for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,040 times
The guy I was seeing for 2+ years broke up with me and told me that he is keeping my Chi that he had given to me as a "gift".

Last edited by Pikake; 07-03-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM

24,484 posts, read 26,021,800 times
A chia pet?

YouTube - ‪Original Chia Pet Commercal‬‏

Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Haha....

Thanks for making me spit coffee onto my laptop

Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
My ex broke up with me and told me that he is keeping my Chi that he had given to me as a "gift".
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
A chia pet?
I thought it was a Chi Chi Chi Chia..

Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Somethings are just too bad to speak... But, I suppose on an occasion or two some moron has accused me and called me names not consistent with who I am at all... Delusional arses I say LOL

Old 10-05-2012, 02:42 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
A long time ago, a co-worker who I thought was a friend encouraged me to apply for a position that would have been a major promotion for me. She told me I was ideally suited and that she was friends with the HR Admin. and would recommend me. The morning of my interview (which was at 7:30 in the morning before the work day even started for most people at our firm), I saw her coming out of the HR's office and shaking hands with her. It turns out, that she wanted the position for herself. I never understood why she bothered to tell me about it if she really wanted it. I was devastated.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Tried to kill me, sorry, murder me.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
I'm hearing impaired and had difficulties understanding the accent of one of the owners of this company that I worked for a decade ago. He got so frustrated one day when I needed him to repeat himself twice that he yelled at me three times "Chatteress ... Fix your F---ing hearing" ... That incident as well as constant harassment by this dude nearly caused me to lose my self confidence. I'm grateful that my next job required heavy phone contact as I needed that to prove to myself that I can function in a customer driven environment.

I also had this "friend" in high school who became distant during the senior year. I guess her conscious was getting the best of her so she confessed that the reason she did not hang out with me anymore was because some of our classmates was making fun of her for being my friend.

I even had a girl in elementary school harass me and once she blocked my bathroom door so I could not get out. Being a smart girl that I was, I simply crawled out from under the door. She told the teacher who threatened to spank me if I did that again

I had bad acne as a pre-teen and these idiotic, infantile boys would poke fun with each other at my expense by saying that "Joe wants to be your boyfriend and have the measles with you" ...

Oh I so hated school until I got to college ... Fortunately, I went to a university that is served predominately by non-traditional students and developed friendships with older and more mature individuals.

Oh yeah ... I even had a relative set fire to my computer monitor once

Last edited by Chatteress; 10-05-2012 at 07:12 PM..

Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I've had people let me run into things on purpose, had my hearing aid and my blind cane stolen from me, had my computer taken from me and thrown across a room, and most recently, I had a disability counselor tell me that she didn't want to give me accommodations because it was my "choice" to go to school and she shouldn't have to accommodate me for something that's "my choice." (Don't worry, I got my eye doctor to write her a really long letter. )
As a disability counselor, I have to say that this so-called "disability" counselor was so out of line with the ADA that she should have been fired for even saying that to you and trying to deny you accommodations... What "choice" did you have in having a disability? Everyone has the right to pursue their education and better their lives. If a student self-identifies as having a disability and verifies this with documentation, we are obligated to provide them with appropriate accommodations based upon their functional limitations as long as the accommodations are reasonable. It is the law and part of the educational code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics