Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,043,741 times

Advertisements

Dia dhuit and happy hump day. Hope you have a good one... Short and sweet today as it is 3am and I still need to sleep.

Today's Question:

The Apple iPad was released this month in 2010.

Are you a technology nerd, buying all the newest tech gadgets? (Or are you still a huge fan of the Walkman?)

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet?

Do you own an iPod?

Are you a Mac or a PC?

Extra Credit:

A couple gets engaged, then breaks up:

Should she keep the engagement ring or give it back?

Why or Why not?

What is the purpose of an engagement ring anyways?

Bonus:

If you could be a fly on the wall, where would you want to be right now?

Why?

Today in History:

1861 - Alabama seceded from the United States.
1935 - Amelia Earhart Putnam became the first woman to fly solo from Hawaii to California.
1964 - "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash became the first country album to top the U.S. pop album chart.
1964 - U.S. Surgeon General Luther Terry released a report that said that smoking cigarettes was a definite health hazard.
1988 - U.S. Vice President George Bush met with representatives of independent counsel Lawrence E. Walsh to answer questions about the Iran-Contra affair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,188,100 times
Today's Question:

Are you a technology nerd, buying all the newest tech gadgets? (Or are you still a huge fan of the Walkman?)
~ Nope, heck nope, no way, never, but I have lots of cool things....and games.....tons of games.....

~ Heck no

Do you own an iPod?
~ Heck no

Are you a Mac or a PC?
~ I'm a person with a PC. Macs suck due to software selection.GAMES

Extra Credit:

Question deleted.

Happy day, friends!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,349,226 times
Today's Question:

Are you a technology nerd, buying all the newest tech gadgets? (Or are you still a huge fan of the Walkman?) I don't, but my husband does. (when he has the money that is)

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? I do not personally, but H does.

Do you own an iPod? Yes, I like it until the battery dies while I am out walking.

Are you a Mac or a PC? PC

Extra Credit:

Should she keep the engagement ring or give it back? maybe

Why or Why not? If the guy was a total jerk or cheated on her, she should keep the ring.
If it is an amicable breakup, if he paid for the ring, she should give it back.

What is the purpose of an engagement ring anyways? I often wondered that. I guess to become the property of another. Which is really out of date, old-fashioned and a whole lot of other things. Why doesn't the guy also have to have a ring? Why just her?

Bonus:

If you could be a fly on the wall, where would you want to be right now? In the White House.

Why? So I could eavesdrop. What would be even more fun would be to become invisible for a day at the White house and pull lots of pranks on everyone. Tickle the president, poke some staffers in the side, tie their shoelaces together. Toss a few whoopie cushions in the mix.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,037,129 times
Today's Question:

Do you own an iPod?

Are you a Mac or a PC?

Extra Credit:

Give it back!
Why or Why not?
Why would she want it?
a promise....

Bonus:

In a swatter free environment!
Why?
For safety!

Today in History:

1861 - Alabama seceded from the United States.
1935 - Amelia Earhart Putnam became the first woman to fly solo from Hawaii to California.
1964 - "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash became the first country album to top the U.S. pop album chart.
1964 - U.S. Surgeon General Luther Terry released a report that said that smoking cigarettes was a definite health hazard.
1988 - U.S. Vice President George Bush met with representatives of independent counsel Lawrence E. Walsh to answer questions about the Iran-Contra affair.
Thanks Spinx!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:16 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,721,224 times
Today's Question:

Neither

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? Nope

Do you own an iPod? Nope

Extra Credit:

Well, that would depend on how big and how many diamonds are in it....

Why or Why not?
Your asking me a woman.... why ?? LOL

Every woman knows it is the diamonds, the diamonds, the diamonds..... you know a womans best friend !!

Bonus:

..... I really don't know if that's a very good idea, as I know what happens to flies around here....
It's well known that flies have a very, very, very short life.... and that's a fact that is deadly around our house.

Why? .... come on over and try it and find out ??

Have a "GREAT HUMP DAY" , Peeps

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-11-2012 at 03:28 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 AM

48,312 posts, read 22,074,635 times
Today's Question:

I never made it to Walkman or pacman.....I dont know how I ended up on-line at all....but that is about it.
Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? Do you own an iPod?

No, I dont even have a cell phone.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

PC

Extra Credit:

The ring should be returned, if it was purchased by her intended.

Why or Why not?

I agree with Judge Judy on this one....the engagement ring is in essence "a contract" not a gift; it represents the intention of the two parties to get married. When the question is asked..."will you marry me"....and the answer is "yes" the ring seals the contract. ....so if they break up before the marriage occurs....the contract is voided and the ring should be returned. Now if they do marry and then divorce....that's a different story....the contract was fulfilled by the marriage.....the ring is probably then "joint property".

Thank You for the QOTD!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,499,183 times
My computer is chugging away merrily today, thanks to Tek_Freek's advice on yesterday's QOTD thread. Thanks Tek!
Today's Question:

Are you a technology nerd, buying all the newest tech gadgets? (Or are you still a huge fan of the Walkman?) I never had a Walkman! I'm a very late adopter - I didn't even get a computer until about 1995 and didn't get the internet until at least 2000. I do have a cell phone, but rarely use it.

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? Nope

Do you own an iPod? Nope.

Extra Credit:

Should she keep the engagement ring or give it back? She should give it back if the guy paid for it.

Why or Why not? Because it's a symbol of a promise, not a gift as such.

What is the purpose of an engagement ring anyways? To symbolise a promise and to show the world (in an old fashioned sense) that she is promised to someone.

Bonus:

If you could be a fly on the wall, where would you want to be right now? Right now, I have no interest in being a fly on the wall - it's nearly bedtime here, and my bed is much more comfortable than wherever flies rest their weary heads. And I'm too tired to eavesdrop on anyone tonight!

Thanx Spinx! Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by Kobber; 01-11-2012 at 03:58 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 AM
bjh

60,276 posts, read 30,521,645 times
Today's Question:
Nope, I don't feel a need to buy all the latest things.

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? No
Do you own an iPod? No

Extra Credit:
If it's a family heirloom, yes.

It's a promise in concrete form. Not that the ring is concrete, that would be too heavy.

Bonus:

Hope your day gives you a buzz!

Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,260,362 times
Today's Question:

Do you have an iPad or a similar tablet? No

Do you own an iPod? No

Are you a Mac or a PC? PC is reall CP like ComPuter right? Yes I have a one... Not that mac stuff.

Extra Credit:

Keep it if that is not a family ring.

Why or Why not? It is personal property if there is no family tradition to give it forward in the family.

Some people like to give visible marks to themselves, each others and strangers that they are in the serious relationship.

Bonus:

In the room where my teacher writes exame questions

Why?

Less to read.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM

27,417 posts, read 27,460,419 times
I dont have or want and ipod thing, I dont have or want an ipad, just have a laptop but do have a 'complicated' cellphone, the blackberry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics