Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:55 AM

16,662 posts, read 17,426,834 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I do hope that those caught up in the awful weather are keeping safe.

It's that time again- Miss J is looking to change her mobile (cellphone) and she has been scouring around looking for the best deal to suit her needs.

It's a flipping minefield, complicated by the fact that later in the year she will be moving abroad.

The POTD is purely and simply;

Getting the best deal for your cellphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 AM

One of my favourite days out last year was to a local hillclimb meet.

The combination of gorgeous Wiltshire countryside, a wide variety of cars, great weather and not too big crowds was lovely;

Even my dog got in on the action!

Spoiler

Old 01-08-2014, 01:37 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Yay cars, good pix's. Hi Molly, is she driving...
Cell phone, well we've had the same one service we signed up for 20 years ago. Though lately we've been checking into lower rates as we rarely use the darn thing.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
That's important! There are many plans, and its worth to check for special and discounts.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:51 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
I wouldn't know where to begin. suppose I would talk to an expert at an electronic store or a best buy......something like that.
not all plans are created equal.

not every plan is for every person. Depends on our specific needs.

For me, tracfone works fine

Old 01-08-2014, 06:24 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,492 times
Companies here do offer plans, but when I had a cell it wasn't anything fancy and just bought phone cards (minutes). Most of the time they'd have a promo so, for example, if I bought a $5 card I'd get triple the minutes. Nice thing too was even if I was out of minutes people could still call me. Really did like the fact there were no surprises on $$.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
It can be a PITA, but worth investigating all the charges.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Good news.

All sorted out- we've got up to town where the BBC are filming the floods (they're not the worst), and got the precise phone Miss J wants on the plan that will suit her.

We're both back home, I've got her migration code, and we're both pleased.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM

24,451 posts, read 25,987,852 times

We have had Go Phone (pay as you go) for years, the phone were not the best, but they worked. Recently our doughtier gave us their 2 old model iPhones which we had converted for free to Go Phones. Service cost (including internet) for both phones is less than $200.00 per year.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:32 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I do hope that those caught up in the awful weather are keeping safe.

It's that time again- Miss J is looking to change her mobile (cellphone) and she has been scouring around looking for the best deal to suit her needs.

It's a flipping minefield, complicated by the fact that later in the year she will be moving abroad.

The POTD is purely and simply;

Right before Christmas I dropped by the local AT&T store to have a chat. Okay, I was mad. It's a long story but my monthly cost had doubled. I put it off for a month before deciding to take care of it before 2014.

I have to explain that I usually go with the flow of things. I could be firm at work but not in my personal life. If something makes me mad enough I will raise hell. It only happens once every couple of years and it happened in December 2013. I kept saying to myself "What would Susie do?" Susie is my Type A sister. I was not rude but I was firm and ended up with the exact same plan with unlimited minutes and the new monthly charge is one-third of what I had been paying and I was credited with what I had paid at the old rate.

Once again an ATT place tried to get me to sign up for U-Verse. NO WAY!
I simply tell them that I don't want all of my eggs in one basket. I already have the cell and landline with ATT and I'm not adding the TV to it.

Ahhh. Now I feel better.

Jezer, I've been looking at pictures of the angry water around GB, Portugal and France this week. Those waves are outrageous and very, very scary. Keep safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics