Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times

Advertisements

When and who started Karma and how did they know they had karma?

Did they have bad karma or good karma?

Was this a self analysis or done with someone else to realize that karma just took place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,232,179 times
I figure I must have been a real bad dude in a past life. Personally, I think there's a black cloud over me and everybody around me had better be clear from the backblast. Karmic justice has to be through serial lives. I mean, look at Ken Lay, and our current occupants in the executive branch (I can say this- I'm a (gasp) Republican! Yes OMG time). If I have seen a more deserving set looking for karmic comeback, it escapes me at the moment.

Karma - Buddha's version of the Ninth Circle.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,761,140 times
I looked it up:

(Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.

Scary!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
this is kind of interesting so karma is not what your present action has in years down the road but in the next life?

I need to study Hinduism and Buddism they have interesting approach to life.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
I've always believed that what goes around comes around, so any negative energy you send out to other people will come back to you eventually...that's basically the premise of Karma. It ties in a bit with the old saying, "do unto others as you would have them do onto you."

Old 09-08-2007, 01:56 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I looked it up:

(Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.

Scary!
Well, I only wish I'd have had this information with me in my last life-but apparently, I wouldn't have cared! So, I'm thinking maybe my next life will be good-gee, is that really something to look forward to-who knows, I might not believe in karma next time-or I might be a water buffalo or something!?!

Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM

I'll probably come back as a cockroach or some other inferior form of life (due to my obvious mishandling of my children!)

Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
940 said it great. Being one with the world and treating everything and everyone like you want to be treated. I feel I have great karma, and it was noticably increased with the recent visit of CD member Sweden. The weather we had, the animals we saw, the rain that mysteriously quit and the sun began to shine, just everyday something new. But I go out of my way to do something good for someone or something everyday. What goes around does indeed come back around. I have no idea of my past life if I did have one, but I would have been a great ruler. Because I like telling people what to do! I think I could very well be the first in a long line of reincarnations, and as good as my life currently is...I cannot wait to see what the next one brings forth. Karma...it's a good thing.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:35 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
Thanks Rance! I totally agree that it's a good thing. Just treat people and everything with respect and keep in mind how you would like to be treated if the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with Sweden too...the pics looked great!

Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 PM

When I was a little boy, many moons ago, my mom used to read to us and had a great selection of kids' books (Wind in the Willows, Winnie the Pooh, et al). One of the books she read to us was "The Waterbabies". It was about a group of children who had died and lived under the sea. They were attended to by 2 women, Mrs-Do-As-You-Would-Be-Done-By, and Mrs-Be-Done-By-As-You-Did. Children who misbehaved got punished by the latter (I'm not typing these names AGAIN), and good children were rewarded by the former.

I read these to my boys, and have always thought that "Waterbabies" was pretty much a good life lesson for the formative years. I have hopefully raised a litter of good-natured and respectful cynics. Thus far, I'm pretty pleased with them all.

Basically, Karma in a nutshell. What goes around, comes around.

Why is it then, that "Nice guys finish last"?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics