Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,810 times

Advertisements

Mornin’ all!

Welcome to today’s QotD! This is my first time doing this, so let’s see how I do! I'm already having trouble with the Font size!

Anyway...

Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl?

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.?

Or is it the other way around?

Bonus Question(s):
Have you ever wished upon a star? If so, do you still do it?

Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you?

Today in History:
1851 Yosemite Valley discovered in California1891 A Hatfield marries a McCoy, ends long feud in West Virginia it started with an accusation of pig-stealing and lasted 20 years
1952 Alan Freed presents Moondog Coronation Ball at old Cleveland Arena, 25,000 attend 1st rock and roll concert ever
1961 Beatles' 1st appearance at the Cavern Club
1965 Martin Luther King, Jr. begins march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama
1971 Vermont seasonal snowfall totals 132.2"
1983 Only known typo on Time Magazine cover (control=contol), all recalled
1994 Wayne Gretzky ties Gordie Howe's NHL record of 801 goals
2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts

Today’s Word:
Conniption \ kuh-NIP-shuhn \ , noun;

1. A fit of hysterical excitement or anger.

Today is:
First day of Aries
Memory Day
Naw-Ruz (Baha'i New Year)
UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
Birthday - Johann Sebastian Bach (composer)
Canberra Day (Australia)
Noruz (Nauroze) [Iranian/Persian New Year]
Independence Day (Namibia)
Human Rights Day (South Africa)

Quote of the Day:
Wear the old coat and buy the new book. ~Austin Phelps~

Have a great day everyone!
And thanx for letting me try my hand at the QotD! I'll try to have it up around 6:00AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Today’s Question(s): Hi everybody! I wish you all a happy, happy day - full of turkeys and roosters and smiles and great foods! Thank you, PatsCats! So nice to see you here doing our QOTD!

Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl?

~ Oh, I rise hours before the nasty ol' sun every day! Those hours are the best hours of each day, to me.

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.?

~ I live a life that appears to be much nicer, with few people on the streets and never a long line in any businesses that I may go to. I see the animals that wander around and the stars at their best. It is quiet in the neighborhood. It is easier to think deeply. It is good.

~ Nope.

Bonus Question(s):

~ Yes, I do! I love the stars....I always have.

Just for Fun:

~
I don't know...."kind"? "hungry"? That's a tough question!

Is today the first day of Spring? Happy spring, everybody! It is raining and very windy here this morning, which is a very good thing! HappyWishes to you all!

PatsCats ~~~> Ya done real good!

Last edited by rainroosty; 03-21-2012 at 05:33 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):
Naturally a night owl, though this doesn't work well with having leave for school by 7:45 at the latest.

Bonus Question(s):
Yes & yes! It was still 60F around 10 last night & I sat out on the porch steps. The sky was full of stars and I did some wishing!
Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you? This one isn't easy...... at the moment I'd say LATE! Or I will be if I don't get moving. Have a great day! Thanks, PatsCats!

Last edited by kpinvt; 03-21-2012 at 05:19 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl? I'm a night owl and an early riser Wish I could sleep better these days

Have you ever wished upon a star? If so, do you still do it? I have but not in years - usually it was just shooting stars

Great first showing, Pats - thanks!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times
My internal clock is me being up regardless, around 5am, sometimes earlier. If I sleep till 6, thats my idea of 'sleeping in'.
I wish upon a star all the time.
A single word that best describes me? Wow, I can bet there are many, but my guess would be 'goofy'.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):
Usually when the sun shines in my bedroom, earlier than that and I require an alarm clock, like now, I'm still yawning.
No

Bonus Question(s):
Yes and no
Just for Fun:
Kindness
Today in History:
1851 Yosemite Valley discovered in California1891 A Hatfield marries a McCoy, ends long feud in West Virginia it started with an accusation of pig-stealing and lasted 20 years
1952 Alan Freed presents Moondog Coronation Ball at old Cleveland Arena, 25,000 attend 1st rock and roll concert ever
2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts

Today’s Word:

Today is:
First day of AriesHappy Birthday Dad!
Memory Day
Canberra Day (Australia)

Quote of the Day:

And thanx for letting me try my hand at the QotD! I'll try to have it up around 6:00AM.

Great Job Patscats!!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl? I'm a 7-hour sleeper... so whatever time I go to bed, I'll wake up 7 hours later. So I can be an early riser, or a night owl!

It works really well for me. Haven't used an alarm clock in over 30 years, except if I need to catch an early morning flight, but even then I usually wake 10 minutes before the alarm goes off.

Bonus Question(s):
Nope - it's not my style!

Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you? When I was working, the word would have been 'tenacious' - now the word is probably 'lazy' It's nice to have the luxury of being lazy!

Good job Patscats!

Happy Hump Day to everyone.

Last edited by Kobber; 03-21-2012 at 05:31 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin’ all!

Welcome to today’s QotD! This is my first time doing this, so let’s see how I do! I'm already having trouble with the Font size!

Anyway...

Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl?A night owl and up with the sun.

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.? I walk around like a zombie at times.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you ever wished upon a star? Yes If so, do you still do it?No

Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you?Hubby says I'm fruity...lol!! I don't know...I'm a combo of many.

Today in History:
2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts - WOW!

Today’s Word:

Today is:
First day of Aries
Memory Day
Canberra Day (Australia)

Quote of the Day:

Good job,PatsCats!!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good job PatsCats. Thank you for the QOD.

I'm pretty casual. I'm not an early riser or a night owl. I wake up between 6:30 and 8:00 most days and in bed by 11:00.

I get to rest much more

Have you ever wished upon a star? When I was younger.

If so, do you still do it? No..all my dreams came true

Nice. I am always nice

Have a wonderful day!!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):

Retired. Up even before the people around me in my apartment complex stir for work and school because...

...I tend to fall asleep sitting up anytime between 4:00P and 11:00P for an hour or two so when I actually do go to sleep at midnight, I wake up early the next morning.

Bonus Question(s):

Maybe when I was a kid.

Just for Fun:

Procrastinator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics