Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 17,490,130 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

After yesterday's chat about how my beloved shoes 'died' I'm off out to find a decent new pair that will last me another twenty years.

Meanwhile I'd better come up with today's peeve. Ever been at an event where there's loads of friends and relations, maybe colleagues, and suddenly you realise that you can't remember someone's name? Or maybe you get their name wrong.

Let us know because the POTD is;

Having trouble with people's names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 AM

44,685 posts, read 61,823,270 times
I have always had trouble remembering peoples names or getting them mixed up. Good peeve Jeeves...

Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,946,207 times
I also have trouble with that peeve. I know there is an easy trick to remembering someone’s name but I ,,,,,,,, can’t remember it right now.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:11 AM

36,478 posts, read 16,079,525 times
Oh I hate when that happens!! It's frustrating, in my head I'm going Da,Du,Dar.....okay spit it out now!!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 AM

23,311 posts, read 29,176,318 times
I have 20-25 patients to take care of on any given night at work, some going and coming, and when I have to tell a nurse that a particular patient needs medication, being I can always remember numbers, I just say: Patient in 9B needs this or that!

I'm the same with way with new co-workers. After a certain period of embarrassment, I just give up, and skip the name entirely. When I hear of other co-workers talk about a certain co-worker, I usually don't have a clue as to who they're talking about! Can't put the face to the name!

But, for some reason, certain names stick, but far inbetween!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:02 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,273,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

After yesterday's chat about how my beloved shoes 'died' I'm off out to find a decent new pair that will last me another twenty years.

Meanwhile I'd better come up with today's peeve. Ever been at an event where there's loads of friends and relations, maybe colleagues, and suddenly you realise that you can't remember someone's name? Or maybe you get their name wrong.

Mornin Jezer: Beautiful day here across the pond, sunshine and blue skies. Regarding having issues with a person's name..ABSOLUTELY. I wasn't too bad until I hit my 60's then it was a darn free for all with me trying to remember names of people, places, things. I had open heart surgery for an aneurysm right around my 60th birthday and was knocked out for 9 hours so I am blaming my memory issues on that! My Mom had alzheimers so I pretty much have to keep a keen eye on how bad I do get as the years pass.
Happy shoe shopping. We go to a place here called "Footprints" and have a field day looking for shoes.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,349,192 times
I call my own kids the wrong name half the time....much less the rest of the people I know.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,064,101 times
This has happened to me so many times I'm a pro - that's when I use the old standby 'hon' or 'buddy'

Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 AM

24,559 posts, read 26,116,943 times
I'm pretty sure it will happen today when a bunch of old co workers get together for lunch.

When we have a meeting for the organization we belong to I have a serious problem until they put on their name badges.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM

44,404 posts, read 20,141,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm one of the world's worst with remembering names. Some people say if you really cared about others, you'd learn their names, but I do really care and I can't remember names for the life of me. I've tried all of the tricks, such as repeating the person's name a couple of times in the first few minutes of meeting and associating the name with something to help me remember. Nothing works for me.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics